(:1-1-11:) BDCI (Buddies Daily Check in)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
147 messages Options
1234 ... 8
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

(:1-1-11:) BDCI (Buddies Daily Check in)

windshel
I am new to this forum... this site and this whole HCG diet protocol! I see posts that a few of us started the load days on 1-1-11
so I thought I would start a new topic/thread that would allow those who wish to check in daily with our success and our struggles... I know for me it helps to know what others are experiencing...and heaven knows I need the support.

Let me introduce myself... I am 51 years old and was very athletic my whole life...really got into extreme sports so did not have to worry about what I ate or gaining weight for that matter... I was never thin, just muscular, or so I lead myself to believe... then my numerous injuries caught up with me now I golf... I gave up windsurfing, freestyle skiing and the like.... gained a few extra pounds which turned into a lot of extra pounds....
To reach my ultimate goal weight I need to lose at least 50 lbs...then I will re-evaluate.... It is easy to see how to get there doing this diet.... my fear is keeping it off... but once I drop some pounds I look forward to working out! That is my plan.
I find it difficult to share what I am doing with my colleagues as I think they will not approve.... I questioned the wisdom of such a move myself during the load days .... However... I like extremes, if I knew how to eat in moderation I would not be overweight in the first place. I need a kick start and so far so good...
I am experiencing strange feelings in my body ... first I had an odd headache... (I get very severe migraines so I certainly know headaches but this was different..) I feel a bit blurry... a bit in a fog... and I am getting a few very distinct hot flashes... all of which after reading posts from this website seem normal side effects of the HCG.
........ oh and I am a bit fearful that the constipation everyone talks about is coming!! ha ha...
So far I am not hungry although my stomach seems to be having hunger pains...its just that my head does not register it as hungry so all is good!

1-1-11
1st load day_ I weighed in......ate so much I was physically sick
2nd load day up I was up 3 lbs but felt better
1st day on 500 cal start day I was minus 2 lbs (go figure..the way I was eating I would of thought it would be up 10)
2nd diet day minus 3 lbs
I will let you know tomorrow how my weigh in goes... I am now off to eat my crab salad.
windshel

I hope this is the idea and way to start a new topic?
Fer
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: (:1-1-11:) BDCI (Buddies Daily Check in)

Fer
Hi Shelly, great idea about a 1-1-11 thread.  Gained 2# during my load days.  Lost 1# the first day and 4 yesterday.  I was shock when I got on the scale today.  I am enjoying the food.  Feeling a little hungry today.  I did work out for 1-1/2 hrs today.  I figured that is why I am so hungry.  How are you feeling today?

Fer
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
I'm agree with Fer, this is a great idea for a thread topic... This is exactly what I like to see here.

By-they-way it sounds like you both are doing great, keep it up!

Good luck,

Brian M Connole
HCG Diet 411
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
In reply to this post by Fer
Hi Fer...
I had a crazy day .... work wise... run run run and barely time to eat my delicious lunch I packed from home (that is a whole new experience for me!!!) I personally like the limited foods... less decisions about how to make my lunch. I am quite happy with my spinach leave and chicken! I weighed and cooked it all on Monday and so it makes it handy to pack up and take with me... We eat so little that it is not too hard or organize my menu for the week. Not hungry at all ... still hard to believe... I was around alot of my favorite foods today and no desire to cheat ... so that was good! I did have olive oil on my hands today helping in a cooking project... and it did not occur to me that could be a problem... I will let ya know tomorrow if the scale is altered by that.
I weighed in with a 2# loss today... so all is good... Amazing really. I ordered Grissini bread sticks through amazon and a couple books that came today...both of which I probably should of read before starting this. (Kevin Trudeau's The Weight Loss Cure and HCG Diet Made Easy by Harmony Clearwater Grace... I see quite a few recipees in that one.)
     Overall I feel much better today not experienceing as many little side effect quirks...
Look forward to hearing from you and any others who might want to share tomorrow...
Shelly
Reply | Threaded
|

funkim
Hello Windshel and Fer...  I planned on starting my load days the same time you did, but my hcg arrived later than I had planned.  I did start yesterday, though (finally).  Today is load day #2 and I feel gross.  I know tomorrow will be better.  I am doing the 43 day protocol and hoping for great results.  I am very much looking forward to checking in here each day to see how everyone is doing.  I am already encouraged by your results in just the first day or two!!  

I am a little concerned about the food.  Any recipes you have for phase 2 that you like would be greatly appreciated!  I'm starting with the oriental lettuce wraps.  I am stocked up on water, apple cider vinegar, smooth move tea, green tea, and everything else I have read about.  I'm very excited to get started and look forward to talking with you both about our progress.

Ideally, I would like to lose 75 lbs total.  For this first round, I think I would be happy with a 30 lb loss.  Anything more than that would put me over the moon!  I have gained about 10 pounds since this summer, so I'm starting heavier than I had planned, but I am 100% committed.  A hermit I will be for the next several weeks because restaurants are my nemesis.  :)  I have the opportunity to travel to Italy in March and I should be just finishing phase 3 at the time I leave for there.  Fingers crossed that I will have to buy all new clothes before I go!!  

So glad to meet you and travel this journey with you.  I'd be more than happy to exchange e-mails, phone numbers, etc.  Sometimes an encouraging text could come right at the time it is most needed!.  Let me know if anyone would like to communicate outside this forum as well as within it!

Happy HCGing!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
Welcome Funkim....
I will be able to share some recipe's soon as I just received a few books I ordered online. My email is windshel@aol.com I would be happy to exchange info.

Check in:
I had a awful day today... killer headache and numerous other severe symptoms that scared me quite a bit. I thought it might be my new diet regieme but a after reflecting more on what could of caused this... I now think the lobster I had for dinner last night either was bad or I had a terrible allergic reaction to it... mixed with my killer headache.. So a bit of a set back but slowly feeling better this evening... what a painful waste of a day!
I was down 1# at the start of the day.
Here is to a great Friday!
Reply | Threaded
|

momofthree
In reply to this post by windshel
Hi there,
I am during round 2 of phase 2 I lost 30 lbs my first time around and kept it off! I have lost 5lbs this week (my first load day was 1-1-11) Maintenance is easier than u think. Your metabolism gets reset.
I am wondering if your headache was from sugar withdraws.
I had them bad the first around because I drank 4 sodas a day!
My favorite meal is Apple chicken salad with crumbled breadstick with balsamic vinegar! I drink a ton of water and green tea!
If u have any questions please ask.
Good luck to you all!
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
Hi momofthree...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts...and checking in. I did not share all of my symptoms...needed medical attention as I experienced numbness in my arms and legs,  my face felt shrink wrapped , killer headache, severe dizziness and nausea. I was so very sick and scared too.
I'm not in the medical profession but I really think it was shellfish poisoning or a severe allergic reaction. It has taken a couple days to clear my system... but much better now. I wont be eating any more lobster! (not a regular of mine so it is ok)

On a brighter side....
I was down 2#'s yesterday and am down 2 more #'s today... this is amazing!... Thanks for helping me ease my fears of the maintenance phase.. as I am a bit concerned.. However, I really feel this is changing my views and my food prep patterns.  I have been making some great salad dressings without oil... mixing spices and vinegars... I already have a plan for the next phase. I weighed meat and cooked up a few beef and chicken packs and put them in the frig to be ready to grab on the go or eat... I never do that!
I am excited and feel very successful so far. I have gone out to dinner twice and have been out with friends and wasn't even tempted to have a drink... Last night I went to Red Robin and had a simple chicken salad... minus the croutons, bread and cheese. I brought my own dressing! I ordered iced tea....but tasted like sugar had been added.. they tried to convince me different, but I did not drink it...
I am drinking lot's of water and just do not feel hungry. I am loving the rapid nail growth as an added bonus!
Have a great day!
windshel

How are you doing Funkim and Fer?
I have completed one full week (counting my 3#'s added during load days) My total weight loss is 9 pounds from m! I am excited as I am now back where I was prior to the holidays... I can do this! We can do this!
Shell
Reply | Threaded
|

funkim
Hi Everyone...  

Windshel - I am so glad you are feeling better.  That sounds like a scary experience.  So today is day 2 on my VLCD.  I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale and it said I was down 4 lbs. (net 2 lbs because I was +2 on my load days)  I'm not convinced the number is real.  I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to step on the scale again.  I have to admit that I am struggling a bit on day two. I'm hungry.  But I'm committed, so I will not cheat.  I do need a good salad dressing recipe.  Windshel - you said you had a few you liked; I would love to hear them.  Also - I have eaten chicken and 96% lean beef for my meals so far, but I am not very creative.  I did buy a TON of new spices today, so I hope to put them into use.  One thing I really need is a way to "sauce" my proteins.  My beef and chicken are quite dry, especially if I am eating them for several days.  It's hard for me to swallow meat like that, so I am hoping there might be a sauce or dressing I can use to make it a little more tolerable.

Today I made the spinach chips.  I don't have a dehydrator, so Idid them on low heat in the oven, and the ones that crisped up were awesome!  I could eat those all day long.  I am going to try a baked cinammon apple recipe for my fruit tomorrow.  Do you all eat the bread sticks and melba toast?  I'm unsure of the amt to eat.  Do we eat 1 piece of melba toast or a serving of melba toast?  One serving is three pieces.  

I have not experienced the headaches or fatigue at this point.  I will check back in tomorrow and let you know how I fared on the scale.  You're right, windshel, we CAN do this!!

It's nice to hear a success story out there, too, momofthree!  Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
Funkim,
How do you make spinach chips? As for the starch... I did not eat any the first couple days but I do now. It is my understanding that one can have 1 melba toast = 2 melba snack rounds and 1 breadstick but not at the same meal.

My version of a good dressing is to mix applecider vinegar, wine vinegar, balsamic, plus water, mustard and spices. (onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper)
New idea that I am just now thinking might work to thicken this dressing would be to put all ingredients in a food processor and add a couple miracle noodles.  I understand the best practice is to rinse them well and boil for 1 minute.  
Miracle noodles are a free calorie food, and do not technically need to be cooked. I think it should work.  I might try that tomorrow.

I made a great dressing the other day with juice of 1/2 orange and Thai spices. I put it over cubed chicken, cut up apples, a little cabbage and celery. It was great! The first couple days I did not mix my veggies.... but then talked to someone who said they did... so I have since then and it is much more fun to eat and I am still loosing.

Here are a couple dressings that I collected from this site.
Balsamic Vinaigrette For The HCG Diet
1/3 cup - Balsalmic Vinegar
1/3 cup - Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon - Water
2 Teaspoon - Prepared Mustard
2 Tablespoons - Lemon Juice
Stevia to taste

Strawberry vinaigrette (I like this with spring lettuce mix)
 Ingredients:
Strawberries
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Stevia to taste
Dash of salt
Dash of cayenne (optional)
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Stevia to taste

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in food processor.  Puree until smooth.  Pour over
fresh arugala or green salad.  Garnish with sliced strawberries and freshly
ground black pepper.  Variations:  use as a marinade or sauce for chicken.
Makes 1 serving (1 fruit)

Best of luck to you,
Talk with ya later,
shell

Reply | Threaded
|

funkim
In reply to this post by funkim
Thank you so much!  I will definitely try these!  Today (actually about 1:00 this morning) I put a 2 lb roast on a bed of onions, added 1/2 c. water and poured tons of spices over it - garlic (minced and powder), oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, cayenne, onion salt, etc.  It has cooked in the crockpot all night, and it smells wonderful!  I stabbed it with a fork this morning, and it just fell apart.  Haven't tasted it yet, though.  I should be ablet o get 8 - 9 meals out of it.  I'll let you know how it tastes.  It's very juicy, so hopefully, I can avoid the dry proteins.

I stepped on the scale this morning and to my surprise am down 2 lbs.  That's 6 lbs in two days (4 net).  That seems like a lot.  I'm not complaining, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much and expect more than I should in the long run.

I will check in tomorrow!  Good luck!!

Kim
Reply | Threaded
|

JOJO
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct place but I liked this 1-11-11 Buddies Check in.  I loved reading all your posts.  
I started Phase 2 today and was looking around the internet to join a group.  You all sound very supportive.
I'm ready to have my lunch and will write more later.  All the best to everyone.
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
Welcome JoJo,
     I just wanted to start a thread for anyone who wants to check in.... glad to have you on board!  I too enjoy reading how everyone is doing. Is this your first 500 cal day or 1st load day? Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am on day 7 of the VLCD (which I just learned stands for "very low calorie diet" my load started on 1-1-11 as the topic suggests.
     I found this great new website: www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
I downloaded their 29 nutrient-rich lean beef cuts and how many calories and grams of fat are in each. I am typically not much of a beef eater so this has really helped me know what cut to buy a the grocery store.

Check in:
     I bought the book "My HCG Tracker" by Tiffany Prinster and I find it is just what I need to keep track of what I can and do eat every day.  It has check boxes of what the choices are for lunch and dinner. I added 5 boxes so I can check off each 24 ounces of water I drink. (the size of my costco water bottle) This helps me drink all my water everyday.  I try to drink a 1 gallon = 128 oz of water every day.
     I hated the load days... and thought I would like them as we get to eat our favorite foods.... I'm loving this phase but thought it would be too restrictive and I would not be able to do it... go figure! It has really not been that hard and as odd as it sounds I feel like I am eating more now than I used to .... of course healthy choices are the only option now.
     I am down 1 more pound today for a total of 10#s that I have shed so far. I am now back to where I was prior to the holidays... so I feel I am right on track! I tried putting some miracle noodles in the food processor and adding to my salad dressing to thicken it... it worked but jury is still out if I will do it again.  I know that the noodles are a free food... but the gelatin appearance and smell is a psychological barrier for me even ground up. Have you guys tried the noodles... if so how do you prepare them?
     Having this kind of success so fast it is difficult to to stay in the moment and not get ahead of myself... I think my goal is achievable but I need to focus 1 day at a time. So for today I have done well.
Shell
Reply | Threaded
|

funkim
Check-in -  Today is day 4 on the VLCD and I can't believe the progress so far.  If I count the 2 lbs I gained during my load days, I am down 9 lbs since I started which also puts me at pre-holiday weight.  Seems like this is too good to be true, so I am cautiously optimistic (but secretly super excited!).  Shelly - the book you mentioned sounds great.  WHere did you find it?  Or did you order it?  I mentioned spinach chips the other day and forgot to tell you how I prepared them - they are super easy.  I spread spinach leaves out in a single layer on parchment paper on a baking sheet and sprinkled a little lemon juice over them and a little water (trial and error proved that making the leaves too wet causes them to just get soggy and not crunchy), then I spinkled them with sea salt.  I put them in a 170 degree oven for almost an hour.  The ones that came out crunchy were awesome.  I am going to do this again, for sure.  I am going to try the baked apple tonight:  core and half one apple, mix together crumbled breadstick or melba, cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia, sprinkle on top, bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

A couple of questions for anyone to answer:
1.  Seems like every other injection I give myself, I give myself a bruise.  Why do I do this, and how can I avoid it?
2. Where can I buy the flavored stevia drops?  All I find at my local stores are the boxes of packets and stevia in the raw.  Do I have to order them?
3.  Is there anything other than lemon I can mix with my water?  I am not getting in enought of my water (because unless it's hot and I am sweating, I hater it).

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but so far so good.

I made a roast in the crockpot yesterday, and it was awesome!  I will definitely do this again.  It just fell apart and created lots of juice.

Good luck all!!  Can't wait to hear from everyone.  I SOOOO look forward to checking this forum every day!
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
Congrats Kim you are doing great!  I too look forward to checking in and reading new posts on this site.
I ordered that book on amazon.com and a couple of cookbooks as well. The one I really like is "HCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook" by Tammy Skye. I think I saw flavored stevia drops on amazon as well, also products from Walden Farms someone told me about that contain no sugar, no calories, no carbs, and are gluten free.. (not sure what that leaves besides chemicals but...?) she said she uses the choc sauce to dip her strawberries in and the carmel sauce with her apple. I have not tried them yet.  I see there is a minuscule about of sweetener that are not allowed on this phase of the protocol.(But great as a resource for the future)  Speaking of protocol... I have been mixing my choice of veggies in my salads and have not had any trouble with it effecting my overall weight loss. As they say if one is going to stray...... cheat with the foods that are allowed on the protocol not others. I truely believe this is life altering and in order for me to make changes I must relearn to make healthy choices I can live with now , in the maintenance phase and in life.
........oh sorry back to the tracking book... it is quite a simple book .....I can send you a copy of a sample page if you want... just send  an email to my aol account and I will shoot it off to you.
      I had a great day yesterday ... bought a bunch of new spices... cleaned out my pantry and replaced some of the old ones!  Now if I could just get motivated to clean my house!

I am quite pleased with my progress so far....  I should go out and invest in a new scale as mine is digital but old and not consistently accurate. My weigh in today went back and forth from 1 down to the same as yesterday.... I will see what it says tomorrow before getting concerned. Of course before this week I would of been happy with a 1# loss over the course of a whole week let alone one day.
shell
Reply | Threaded
|

JOJO
Hi everyone, not sure if I'm posting this right.  Do I just click the reply button on the last message?
Its great getting all your daily check-ins.  I am extremely cranky.  Picking on everyone, especially my kids.  I'm on Phase 2 day 2.  I'm following very well except it is so hard to drink all that water.  It literally makes me gag.  I have low energy and just want to sleep and be left alone.  I am hoping things change for me tomorrow.

I'm off to Whole Foods to get some good food stuff, especially some face moisturizer.  
Do you also get cranky?  Could it be a reaction to the drops?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hi JoJo,

Yes, you are posting correctly.

Are you using the Homeopathic Drops? If you are, this is probably why you are so cranky. Homeopathic Drops contain only trace amounts of HCG in them. Now some people lose a ton of weight using the Homeopathic Drops, and they feel great, while others lose hardly any and feel miserable -

If you are feeling this way I would recommend that you use the Pharmaceutical HCG, they don't cost much and you can mix them as drops or for injections; it's up to you. Just be sure to order the correct mixing kit for the method you want to use.

You can find everything you need in the HCG 411 Store - or - you can just follow this link to the main site that I use for ordering HCG online...

Go here for HCG

Go here for mixing kits

I wish you the best of luck - Let me know if you need help with anything or if you have any more questions.

Take care,

Brian M Connole
HCG Diet 411
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

JOJO
Hi Brian and everyone,
Yes I do have the pharmacutical  drops with the good mixture.  I just think the first couple of days are tough.  Thank you for posting those links.  Today is day three (P2) and so far so good.  I lost one pound.  I'm also really beat up from this cold weather and miss eating my comfort foods.   But I like your advice of one day at a time.
Questions:  Besides water (yuck), tea, etc.  what do you reccommend when feeling really hungry?  Also, any advice for getting that water down?  I have to drink about 8 of those Poland Spring bottles a day!  It is so difficult.

Have a great day everyone and remember...WE CAN DO THIS!!  right?
Fer
Reply | Threaded
|

Fer
Hi all, sry i haven't posted in awhile.  I had an intestinal flu Sunday.  Didn't eat like I should have or drank the water either.  I just couldn't I felt horrible.  I was up three pounds yesterday, but good news I am down three #'s today.  I did water aerobic's last week and was up a pound.  With all the yoyoing I am down 8 pounds.  So I am happy.  Hopefully this week will be better.  My doctor told me heavy exercising in this phase is tricky.  I too went through two days of headaches.  Haven't had one in two days.   Happy to read how well everyone else is doing.  It is amazing how you can eat only 500 calories and not be hunger.  My friends I tell think I am crazy.  I can't convince them that I am telling the truth.  LOL
I just bought the miracle noodles.  Shel what do you put on them?  I have watched videos some cook them others just rinse them and pat them dry.  How do you prepare them?
Hope everyone has another successful day.

Fer
Fer
Reply | Threaded
|

Fer
In reply to this post by JOJO
Hi JoJo, the first couple days I too was tired.  I am taking injections of HCG being overseen by my local doctor.  I get a b12 shot which is giving me a lot of energy.  You may get headaches.  They only lasted a couple of days.  Hope it helps.  Fer
1234 ... 8