Calling the experienced: 21 vs 42 days...what should I do?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Calling the experienced: 21 vs 42 days...what should I do?

kiwigirl
Hi everyone all the way from Australia. I am planning to start HCG next week and at a crossroad as to whether to do the 3 week cycle or the 6 week cycle and have some questions I'm hoping you can answer to help me figure out the best option.  

I have about 75 - 80 pounds to lose and would love to lose as much as possible before I go on a cruise in early December (obviously realising that it will take more than one cycle).  My doctor has prescribed HCG sublingual drops and suggested doing 3 weeks but has given me enough drops to do a longer cycle.  However, from everything I have read it says if you have more than a small amount to lose you should do the longer cycle.  I called the compounding pharmacist to submit my order and she said she would recommend just doing the 21 day VLCD as she had done it before and found 2 things.  1.  Her immunity to the HCG started to kick in; 2. She said that you're likely to start cheating if you go for longer.

After talking with her I'm at a crossroads.  

1.  In P&I it says to skip a day a week to prolong immunity to HCG.  I don't know whether to start with the 3 weeks but skip a day of drops per week in the hope that I'll be able to go longer than 3 weeks or just plan to go longer than 3 weeks from the onset.  I don't want to set myself up for failure.  What are your thoughts?  What have your experiences been with the shorter vs longer cycles with regards to the diet and difficulties?  Some honest feedback would be great.

2.  If I do the longer cycle I'm not sure what to do when my period comes.  I'm starting at the end of my period and had figured I would have to stop the drops when it starts and then restart at the end of my period.  Has anyone done this and how did it go?

3.  I'd like to lose as much as possible before the cruise.  I could, at a push do 2 x 21 day cycles with the loading and 6 weeks in between but on the second round of phase 2 I will have my period in the middle.  Am I better to do just one longer phase and have a longer maintenance afterwards and then do round 2 in January?  

Any advice and tips you can give would be massively appreciated.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Calling the experienced: 21 vs 42 days...what should I do?

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hi KiwiGirl,

Okay, I am going to be honest with you. If you think you can keep the motivation going, a longer round is great. However, weight loss can slow down a bit with the longer rounds which is why you need to stay motivated.

Here is what you can do about your menstrual cycle and the drops. http://www.hcg411.info/2010/03/do-women-plateau-during-their-menstrual.html You really only have to stop the drops for your 2 heaviest flow days if you want, not the whole cycle.

You can always start a longer round and if you don't feel like you can keep it up, simply cut it short and begin the maintenance phase.

Try not worry, you are going to do great no matter which way you decide to go. A cruise is a nice motivator too!

Good luck and keep us posted -

Take care,

Brian
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Calling the experienced: 21 vs 42 days...what should I do?

kiwigirl
Thanks for your reply Brian.  I checked that link and stopping on the 2 heaviest days seems like a good option.  Hopefully that means I can start the loading on day 3 of TOM then which will mean I can get started in the next few days.  I'm keen to go longer than the 21 days and after reading your reply think I just need to get in the headspace and commit to a longer period and work though that.  I think I'll aim for a 35 plus day round on VLCD 2 and then have a really good maintenance period before the cruise to ensure I've stabilised.  With that in mind, if I'm taking the sublingual drops do I need to skip one day a week or is that just for those taking the injections?  

BTW...I'm grateful for the forums and your posts.  I think they are going to be a huge help for me during the next few weeks.