classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Can I eat the same thing every day?

Brian2b2
I am on day one of loading....I thought this would be the fun part but I am miserably full

I have read that you need to alternate protein, vegetables and fruit.  I would like to know if I can eat the same menu each day as long as I don't eat the same thing on the same day.  Example menu:
Breakfast: Apple
Lunch: Chicken, lettuce, grissinni stick
Afternoon: Orange
Dinner: Steak, onions

If I were to eat this same thing everyday, would my results be the same?

Thank you for this site.  It has been a great help.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Can I eat the same thing every day?

WackyRadish
I lost 36.5 pounds in my first round and did exactly what you are describing. It gets boring, but it works and since I honestly was not hungry, food was a requirement and not a desire.

I suggest creating a few more options for yourself so you'll be prepared if boredom does set in. You don't want to cheat!!
Back at the game of losing weight, yet again
Reply | Threaded
|  

TheChicsporadic
In reply to this post by Brian2b2
We all have different reaction to food while on this diet, while @wackyradish lost an astounding 36lbs on her 1st round doing what you proposed, some "stalled" eating the same thing everyday. Just observe yourself and body's reaction to it. She is right, you need to prep up other meal as well in case you get bored.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Brian2b2
Thanks for your advice.  I do intend on mixing it up from time to time, especially when I have more time on the weekends.  My main concern in through the work week.  I find it easier to just prepare two to three days worth of food in one night.  Just finished loading and tomorrow is first day of VLCD.  At this point, I don't feel like I will even want to eat tomorrow.

Thanks again!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Lily
Hi all,

I just joined this forum, and actually plan to start my first protocol using my New years party as my second load-in day.

Anywho, they say NOT to mix any vegetables at any 1 meal.... why not?

If the allowed vegetables are so low cal, what is the importance of not mixing?

Also,

Why do they say NOT to eat the same protein twice in a row? (i.e., chicken at lunch and chicken at supper)

And,

Since the diet says to have liquid in the morning, is it OK to have actual food in place of the coffee or tea (as in 'Brian2b2' first question post).

If one chooses not to have the grissini or melba, is having extra vegetables at meal time acceptable? (Since we're supposed to eat no more/no less than 500 cal/day)

Lots of questions that I can't seem to find the answers to... I want so much for this to work

Thanks for the help!