Diet Coke

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Diet Coke

Clenmark
Hello- I am on R1P2 day 6 and I would LOVE to have a diet coke. I have read some do have diet soda as long as there 0 cals and some that say NO. I would love to hear others experiences if you add diet pop to your diet.

Christy
Down 6.5 lbs / Day 6
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Diet Coke

TheChicsporadic
Hi Christy,

I didn't try diet coke nor any diet sodas or any sodas promising a 0 cal. for that matter, so I wouldn't really know, but, it is not OK for P2. Most, if not, 99% of the people I know, and from this forum said No and some have tried and stalled. YOu only have like 1% of those saying Yes it's OK so it's really hard to take a chance. But it's all up to you. It's been a while now that many people have added different foods on P2 that are not allowed, and they lost weight in the end. It's gonna be your observation on how your body will react to it. Hope this helps!
Reply | Threaded
|

kjohn0102
In reply to this post by Clenmark
Hi Christy-if you are still interested, my husband is a diet coke-aholic and refused to give up his when starting the diet last week.  He is down 13 pounds and drinks no fewer than 6 per day.  ! drink 1 or 2 per week and have noticed no problems.
What I HAVE noticed since drastically reducing my use of aspertame and other artificial sweetners (except Stevia) is how much my cravings for sweets has been reduced.
kj
Reply | Threaded
|

TheChicsporadic
Hi kjohn0102,

This is so true, I have been taking sweetener from Tropicana slim and I have never craved my favorite cake since then. This is so so true. Though when I was served with any cake at my table, of course I would eat it, who would say no to a beautiful looking cake ya? I was used to asking my partner to bring me cake after work, but now, I don't ask him for anything anymore. It's either the sweetener or our plunging economy that's caused the change? lol!
Reply | Threaded
|

looking4slim
I was nervous about doing diet coke on P2, so I went to whole foods and got diet soda that is sweetened with stevia.  It isn't as good as diet coke, but it is nice when you need a change from tea and water.  I only had 2 per week, so still cut down on my soda intake,  I really think that the bubbles expand in your stomach and make you hungry,  FYI, my dr. Who prescribed my hcg says you can have one real diet coke per day on the diet.