Discouraged :(

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Discouraged :(

Megan
Good morning everyone.   I just found this forum while I was googling a question. I am on Day 8 of the diet and as of yesterday I had lost 11 lbs.  I was feeling amazing, and so proud of myself.  I was looking forward to weighing myself this morning and then saw the evil scale said I gained 2 lbs.  I broke down on the phone with my husband, because as much as I wanted to I haven't cheated.  Is this normal?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Discouraged :(

TheChicsporadic
Hi Maegan,

The cause could be a dietary error OR not drink the right amount of water. A stall is normal on this diet as well as any other diet, specially if there is a rapid drop on the weight. Our body is fighting off the weight loss, but then this is corrected in a few days just as long as we stick to the protocol and never cheat. Also, it could be water weight you are seeing on the scale. If you are not drinking enough water, chances are, the emptied fat cells will try to hold the water...and water is heavier than fats, thus, a stall or gain. However, you may do some stall or plateau breakers to correct it. Hope this helps.
Reply | Threaded
|

Megan
Thanks for replying.  It did help.  I thought I drank enough water yesterday, but maybe I didn't so today I am going to keep track so I know I am getting adequate fluids. I was aware of the plateau's accuring, but wasn't expecting it for a couple more weeks like my book said to expect it, so I am just doing an apple day and hoping this will soon be corrected.  I wasn't prepared for the disappointed of a plateau and especially a weight gain. Thanks again for your reply it is nice being able to talk to other people that are on the same diet :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Macy
Megan, hang in there!  I just did an apple day today.  I am on day 20.  I lost 18.8 lbs so far.  But I stalled now for 2 days, so hoping tomorrow after doing this apple day will help.  I never gained, but I did have some days where I only lost 2 oz or so.  Also make sure your scale is working correctly.  I had a melt down one day to my husband as well....thought I didn't lose anything, cried and had total melt down, but a half hour later, re weighed myself and boom..1lb gone.  It was my stupid scale....had a melt down for nothing!   My husband was so sweet about it, so very happy for that!  I will watch for your posts, I will try to help you as much as I can.  You are right about being nice to be able to talk to people in your same boat......take care!!  Keep up the good work!  Macy
Reply | Threaded
|

Megan
Thanks Macy :)  I tried to be as positive as possible today, but today sucked with that weight gain.  I did my apple day and sadly enjoyed it.  I have been having such a rough time eating.  I feel like I am literally forcing myself to eat the lunches and dinners.  I'm going to go grocery shopping again this wknd, so I can get different things for different recipes :)  I'm so committed to losing weight that even after a bad day like today, I'm going to keep going.  Thanks again!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Macy
Glad you enjoyed your apple day.....I struggled with mine.  I am down 8 oz today.  I was really hoping for more, but that is what I always hope for!! LOL  It is my 21st day today.  I am very happy with myself.  I never cheated once and I hope my stabilization phase goes well.  I will be happy though to not have to only eat apples today!! LOL  I almost passed out at work yesterday, it was around 4:00 and I a had only eaten 3 apples, so thinking I needed to eat another!  So did that and then felt better, but that was a icky feeling.  and I drink  a lot during the day and it was really hard for me to not do that. LMK how your apple day did! You have a great day and keep losing!!!!  Macy
Reply | Threaded
|

Megan
My apple day worked.   lost the 2 pounds gained, plus another 2.  Let me tell you though I was GRUMPY come 6.  I am assuming cause I didn't eat anything but apples HAHAHA.  It probably would have been a lot harder on me if I worked.  I painted a wall in the afternoon when I have 2 kids in school and one is napping and that wiped me out. Thats awesome yours worked too, it feels so much better to lose than plateau :)  Are you going the whole 44 days?
Reply | Threaded
|

Macy
No, I am not going 44 days. I have a work trip coming up and I don't want to have to be doing that on my work trip.  So, I will do another round as soon as I can.  After my stabilization, it will take me 1 day before my trip.  I am going a little longer then the 21 days.  I am really anxious to go another round.  I guess with being stuck at the same weight a few days, I don't mind waiting for the next round.  I just hope the stabilization phase goes good for me.  I will exercise more during that phase.  WOW! 2 lbs plus that is awesome, I wish my apple day would have gone that good for me.  .8, not much, but it was some.  I will keep eating light after my stabilization phase to see if I can lose more weight before my next round. How about you, are you doing the 44 days?  
kb
Reply | Threaded
|

kb
Yea Megan!  My apple day did not work, I did it yesterday as I have been stalled for 5 days!  Have only been doing this the past 10 days, so 5 I lost and so far 5 I have not.  

I don't know what to do next...plus I have daily leg cramps, taking potassium for it.

Good Luck, keep losing :)
Reply | Threaded
|

jayanticris
In reply to this post by Megan
Hi Megan,

I'm very proud of you. It is hard but you just have to stick with it and having a great support system helps. I have two friends that support me. However, after waking up this morning to find that I gained a pound frustrated me. This is twice in one week where I gained a pound and was like WTF? It's especially hard when your life style keeps you around entertainment with food and drinks. This is my 2nd round of injections. The 1st round I lost 38 pounds. I was 168, and got down to 130. I was so happy and wearing size 4 jeans. I'm 38 years old and haven't been that size since high school. I recently became involved with someone, so factor that along with the past holidays, I sadly gained 12 pounds but I was okay with a little gain because I knew I'd do a 2nd round. When I started the 2nd round I weighed 142.6. I say .6 because as you know those ounces can make or break you, or cause I melt down...I know....I've been there. After the first two gorging days I gained 4 pounds. I'm now down to 136.6 this morning but the reason I'm here today on the forum is because I'm struggling to get back to my 130. 2/13 I weighed 137.6, next morning weighed 138.4. I cried. Next morning was 138.2. Being frustrated, I did the plateau breaker. For some reason I actually wasn't even hungry, probably because I had a busy day at work. I had only eaten 1 apple about 430pm that day. Next morning I weighed 135.8. I was freaking excited. It's been two days and this morning I gained weighing 136.6 so here again I'm frustrated. So close to my goal....I can see it, but feels so far away, and so much I wanted to give up this morning. So I jumped online to get support. My goal since it's the weekend is not to do the plateau but wait until Monday. I have more will power during the week while I work. However, I do plan to increase my water intake. Reading above I it makes sense about not drinking enough. Anyways...I just wanted to share my story, in hopes it will help someone else, or you, like you've inspired me to keep going. It's good to know I'm not alone.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy1205
In reply to this post by TheChicsporadic
I'm also discouraged.  I am on day 10 and have lost only "4" lbs.  3.5 if you count that I gained .05 lbs today.   I am ONLY eating less than 10 oz of grilled chicken & two cups of raw spinish with a dash of Waldon's 0 calorie, 0 sugar, 0 fat   1 apple & OVER  102 oz of water. I'm walking 3 days a week.