Extreme nausea during gorge phase

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Extreme nausea during gorge phase

Mandy84
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and the HCG diet.  I started my injections and gorge phase yesterday, and I must say I am not enjoying this phase as much as I thought I would. I am SO nauseous. I haven't eaten since 9PM last night (10 hrs ago) and I still feel like I have a brick in my stomach. Is this normal???  My doctor said this phase is very important, but I'm just not sure I can eat much today. Of course I start the diet the day before a holiday so I can't call the doctor. Lol.

Any recommendations welcome. I want to be successful, but I need to get rid of the feeling that my stomach is in my throat...

I am going to try to eat healthy fats today - like nuts - especially if I can't eat much.  Other than that, not really sure what to do...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Extreme nausea during gorge phase

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hi Mandy84,

Sorry you are feeling so nauseated - Do you feel like you gorged to the point of feeling sick, or do you feel like it is being caused by something else?

When a person is not used to eating this way it is not uncommon to feel some nausea.

And your doctor is right, the load days are important, but your health is much more important than anything else. So if this doesn't go away after today, you should definitely talk to your doc.

Although I wouldn't think that the HCG Shots would cause you to feel sick this early on, mainly because it can take few days to get well into your system, but anything is possible.

Good luck - and keep me posted!
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

Mandy84
Thank you. The nausea definitely feels like its from the gorging. I mainly am just finishing my heavy, fatty meals where I would normally leave some or eat half and leave held for the next meal. Then i also got some donuts per the nurse's suggestion to snack on at work. I got 7 intending to stuff my face.  I gave 3 away.  lol  I also ate a full breakfast yesterday whereas I normally don't eat or have a plain biscuit. I just thought of something this morning. I do have a small hiatal hernia (maybe larger now). I wonder if that could be related?  This is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: sausage biscuit meal with large sweet tea
Snack: Krispy creme blueberry donut
Snack2: Krispy creme blueberry donut
Lunch: Indian - chicken boti, huge plate of saffron rice I could not finish, 1 naan (in retrospect, not sure how much fat it really had)
Snack3: 2 Krispy creme blueberry donuts
Dinner: Large Pollo Mexicano potato from Jason's Deli with extra butter, cheese, and pico (at about 3/4)

I felt a little better this morning and got a medium fries at McDonald's for the fat and to also help settle my stomach a little more so I could get groceries to start the VLCD part tomorrow. I just tried to eat Chicken Alfredo from Jason's Deli and ate about 3/4. Started feeling sick about halfway in. How bad is it I can't wait to start starving myself?  Lol

I did buy some lightly salted peanuts today since they have a lot of healthy fats. I just can't do the heavy butter, cream etc anymore today.

On a good note, I have somehow lost 2 pounds since yesterday morning!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hello again Mandy84

It could be possible that your hiatal hernia played a role in this. These days it doesn't surprise me what can actually affect a person the HCG Diet.

But it sounds like you are Gorging the right way - And as strange as it might be, it's not uncommon for a person to lose during the HCG Load Days.

Also, your nausea could be caused by something you are eating, or a mixture of certain foods. In fact, I would get very sick to my stomach every time I ate greasy pizza, whether I was Gorging or not.

Hopefully everything will continue to get better and you will continue to lose consistently throughout the diet.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Brian | HCG 411 Forum
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

Mandy84
Thanks so much for the support!  I am feeling much better - in my stomach at least. Now I have a migraine but I don't think it's HCG related. The weather is bad here and I often get migraines when it rains. Probably something to do with the barometric pressure. Anyway, I'm trying to eat high fat, low grease things today and my stomach is almost completely better. Woohoo!

Looking forward to seeing the pounds melt off over this 6 weeks.
Reply | Threaded
|

PaulMcKein
In reply to this post by Mandy84
Dear Mandy!

I have read that you can avoid this discomfort eating right  products and food which will reduce the pain and that unpleasent feeling. I found some articles about hernia here, they can be useful for you too.