classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
131 messages Options
1234 ... 7
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

First round, 70 lbs to lose!

Kristen
I'm on my 2nd day of loading. Happy Load Day to meee! Although yesterday I didn't feel much like finishing my food. Don't think I loaded very well yesterday, but I was up 2# this am... so I must've done well enough! I cannot wait to start the VLCD tomorrow so I can start seeing the results! ~~Just had to take a potty break~~ better get ussed to that!~~

I'm curious about the homeopathic drops vs. the pharmeceutical... I have the homeopathic drops. They contain NO alcohol, and label says: HCG 6X,12X,30X,60X;   B12 3X,12X,30X;    Mag Phos cell salt 3X,12X,30X;   Phos cell salt 3X, 12X,30X;   L-Lysine 3X,12X,30X   L-Ornathine 3x,12x,30x;   L-Arginine 3x,12x,30x;   Acetyl L-Carnitine 3x,12x,30x.     Inactive ingredients: colloidfal mineral water. What does the 6x, 12x, 30x, 60x mean? I thought this meant that there IS hcg in the drops, but I'm confused because most people on here don't have anything positive to say about the homeopathic ones... ???  
Just remember: "Nothing works if you dont!!!"

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: First round, 70 lbs to lose!

Kristen
Day 1 of the VLCD!!!!
I thought I had done better loading yesterday, but actually lost .8 of my previous 2# gain! WTF!!! I ate like a pig, pretty disgusting really! (Although I think I ate less salty foods yesterday than I had the day before...and peed more)

I have been turned on to some herbal fruit teas... They are more like infused waters than tea. No caffiene, no real tea in it. AMAZING! Kinda like Crystal Light, and I sweeten it ever so slightly with my stevia... I have NEVER been a tea person, but THIS!-I like! YUMM-O! Do I need to drink all my water on top of the tea, or does it work as part of my water intake? Just curious. http://www.TheTeaPort.com There's the website if you were curious where to find some BOMB tea!!!

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

charisse23
I am one day behind you...On my 2nd loading day.

I wondered the same thing about counting tea as water. My guess is no, but I could be wrong. I haven't been drinking the water on the load days like you. I probably should get used to it. Not looking forward to the cross your legs and jump up and down having to go to the bathroom all the time.

I hope you get an answer on your HCG ingredients too. I have seen so many scary stories about fake HCG, I wonder if I got the good stuff or not.

Hope all goes well on your first VLCD!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
Happy loading day to you!! Enjoy it... I didn't seem to as much as I would've expected to. And thanks for the well wishes.

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

TheChicsporadic
In reply to this post by Kristen
Actually, the formula is how many times hcg was diluted in order to be taken orally. That is why hcg drops is taken not just a single drop everyday (like 1 shot of hcg for the injection), rather, 15 drops twice a day or something like that. I also doubted the efficacy of the homeo at first but seeing great results on the people I know my whole life, that convinced me to take the drops. Honestly, I don't like the shots, it gives me the chill just imagining myself being given shots for more than a month. At least that's how I feel. Besides, based on what I have been reading on a lot of articles and in forums that they basically worked wonders to many. Anyways, good luck to you both!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
Thanks chicksporadic for the info. I was just worried I got the wrong ones or something.

Well, day 5 total, and I'm down 5.8 #!!! YAY! I haven't seen that number since I was gaining it during my 2nd pregnancy! (And early on, at that!) If that isn't motivation, I don't know what is! I weighed myself last night... even though I wasn't supposed to, and was down 3# and thought that was a lie... didn't know that it would be 5#!!!!!!!  

I haven't had a terrible time at being hungry (Dr. Simeons says that the better you load the faster your hunger will go away... that people who don't load well can be hungry for a week, while people who do better loading will quit feeling hungry after the first few days.) I was hungry the 1st day, and drank a bottle of water or fruit tea to be okay. Then yesterday I wasn't AS hungry, still drinking a bottle when I got hungry. But then today... I was fine on my tea for breakfast, but had lunch later than usual... BAD IDEA! I felt famished! I still do, really! Then, of course had to fix the kid's lunch... same chicken as I had, but with a hot dog bun on it... can't lie... WANTED it SO BAD! Not getting my bread is a challenge! I am a definite carb addict! I'll just have to remember the a.m. weigh in when the temptation is so strong and say a prayer! And remember that it too shall pass!!!

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

CurlyNancy
Kristen...  Congratulations on your huge weight loss!  That's awesome!  

I found that if I drink almost a gallon of water a day, I'm not hungry AT ALL.  The days that I didn't drink as much water - weekends - I wouldn't see the weight loss that I wanted.

I just finished my first week of maintenance and this is my first round also.  I used the homeopathic drops and my total weight loss was 28 pounds in 25 days!  My GP made me stop taking them because she couldn't identify anything in the ingredients.  So I agreed to stop the drops...for now...  

Just keep remembering that any little cheat - even the slightest - will show up in the morning and it's just not worth it!  Stick to it!  

Best of luck to you...  I'll be watching and encouraging!!!!

Nancy
Reply | Threaded
|

CurlyNancy
One more thing that I remembered - from some of the great advice I received here - Your skin will start to dry!  I don't usually have that problem, but I did after the second week in phase 2.  Grab yourself some Aveeno  - it's hCG approved.

N
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
Thks CurlyNancy, I needed that encouragement. I did mess up last night. I wasn't going to be home at dinnertime and I was HUNGRY!!!!!!!! I had some cheese and crackers at a party, and a 6" meatball sub at subway. I felt bloated, tired and like I needed to sit on the pot.(Gained 2# this am at weigh in) I HAVE been drinking loads and loads of water and tea. Maybe too much tea and not enough water? What I have is fruit tea, it's basically dried fruit and hibiscus teas. No "tea" in it, so I figured that I was basically drinking the same thing as water by drinking it...
I'm back to the diet, and actually, I feel pretty good and not too hungry today. Keeping up with the water too... hope it goes well... no I take that back... NO HOPING!!!!!Just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
Where to ind this smooth move tea? I dunno where to get it, and how are the miracle noodles? Just curious...

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
Nevermind about the tea and noodles... I answered that myself... should be here thursday/friday!!! What's the best way to eat the noodles? Any suggestions or recipies would be GREAT!!!

So EXACTLY 1 # down today! Yay! I did good yesterday. I'm finding I'm not hungry anymore like I was! That's great, since I really have NO willpower! It's definitely hard still, though, to cook my family's dinners and not get any. I'm making casseroles that last 2 nights so I don't have to cook for them often.

I'm still liking the food choices I'm getting. I've always liked shrimp and steak and chicken and fish. And asparagus is one of my favs!! Now I just have an excuse to eat steak and shrimp!!! I've started baking my "dinner" apple with some pumpkin pie spice so i can have a sweet treat a couple hours after dinner. (It's replaced the 3 chocolate chip cookies that I USED to have then!) I found that what food I get, that hot foods satisfy better, so the hot apple is great! It's like apple pie!

But I GOTTA tell ya! I was actually comfortably full after last night's dinner!!!! That suprised me! Just had to gloat about that!!! I'm looking forward to the rest of the cycle! I think I'm settling into it now... day 7!

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
Well, I haven't written in 2 days so I'm down even FURTHER!!!! Now I'm on day 8 and am down 11 #!!! YAY me!! I'm really finding that I'm having a hard time not SNACKING!!!Hy hubby gets home from his long day in construction and grabs a bag of chips or makes a sandwich or bowl of cereal...I crave it as soon as I hear the spoon hitting the bowl!!!! What to do?!?!?!

I got my miracle noodles last night (and they ARE a miracle!!!!!!) and made up my first batch... boiled them in chicken broth, drained them then added some chicken flavoring back into them... YUMM! Like chicken top ramen! Then for lunch today??? SPAGHETTI WITH BREADED CHICKEN!! I made my sauce with my 1 tomato, breaded the 3.5 oz chicken with my 1 melba toast, and voila!!!!! The BEST meal of my life!!!! (Exaggerating, of course, but it tasted MAGICAL!!!) If you wanna know how I made it, just ask for the recipie!!!

I can definitely can do it!!! I'm thinking I'll borrow Mom's dehydrator and make some apple slices, and maybe some strawberry fruit leather like Brian suggested, and "HCG top ramen" miracle noodles will work when I'm craving something salty for a snack!! Now I feel like I'm on track!!!! No more cheating, no more cheating!!!!!!! (to the tune of Dori's "just keep swimming..." from Nemo!!)

Anyway... who's out there anyway? I feel like I'm preachin to the wall!!!

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
Day 9, not 8. sorry. confused which day it is...

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

CurlyNancy
I'm out here!  

Great job adapting the diet to real life yummies!  I'd love the recipe!  I'll be starting p2 again at the end of August!  This time I'm going to be really prepared!

You are doing so well!  I'm happy for you!!!

N
Reply | Threaded
|

TheChicsporadic
Happy with your progress! Keep sharing your yummy recipes with us plsss
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
In reply to this post by CurlyNancy
I posted it on the posting about getting your hcg recipies where Brian has you subscribe to 2 emails with recipies!!! Head over there... it IS good!!! Thanks for the kudos!!! ~gotta pee!!!~ brb.

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
So I'm on day 10... only went down 0.4 # yesterday... but that is still DOWN!!! 11.4# overall!!! I put my fav jeans on last night, and was kinda sad that they still fit the same as before... maybe less muffintop, Idk...

I am sooo excited now bout my food, after the miracle noodles came in the other night. I ordered another 2 packs of them, since it seems like they are going to become a staple of my diet... which 2 packs aren't enough for long... I found Walden Farms 0 cal stuff, and ordered 3 different things... Chocolate dip for my strawberries, Caramel dip for my apples, and alfredo for the noodles... Curious if these are okay...Anybody?

And AHHHH!! The sound of the dehydrator... Kids are napping (or are SUPPOSED to be...) the house is quiet, and the sweet hum of my munchies in the dehydrator... APPLE CHIPS!!! I'm happy... That SHOULD solve the snacking problem... just save my lunch apple for snack time(which I already do), when the hubby is rude enough to eat his chips, and I will have my healthy version!!! I won't die of heart failure like him, if I eat mine!!!

I am definitely going through the "happy" times of the diet... I read on other postings where some women were feeling silly... now that I'm seeing some results, and giddy about not being hungry and the food is starting to get better... I AM feeling much more "happy"

Wish me luck at my son's 2nd birthday party tomorrow night. We're having pizza and cake. The pizza I think I can handle NOT eating, but I'm a great baker, if I DO say so myself... NOT EATING CAKE???????????????  THAT'S GONNA BE HARRRRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another meal idea... Make meatballs from your 3.5 oz lean gb, your 1 melba toast, season with pepper and garlic and have with your spaghetti?!?!? Havent't done it yet, but I did make up 4 servings worth of the spaghetti sauce and already ate 1 serving for my lunch again today!!!  Maybe This will be dinner or tomorrow's lunch?!?!?

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
OK y'all. I have a confession to make... I CHEATED Last night at Tyler's birthday party... IN A BIG WAY!! I ate 2 slices of pan crust pizza and a chocolate cupcake!!!! IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD, TOO!!!!! I only gained .2 as of this morning, but the previous morning, I was up by 1.4 somehow... I'm not too upset about that... I can reverse that in a day or 2 not cheating. AND NO MORE "TRYING" THE KIDS FOOD!!!!

Back on track today. And if for some reason I don't see a drop tomorrow morning, I'll do my first apple day to try and start seeing that trend again! I've got my smooth move tea too, I'll try it later... AFTER church. (Don't need that kinda pressure whole trying to wrangle 2 kids all by myself!)

Day 12 and just 9# lost. (But that's my own dam fault.) I know I'm no model HCG'er, but I'm right back on track again this morning.

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

CurlyNancy
You're already on a better track.  You've learned your lessons...  woot woot!  You're already ona better path!  Way to go Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
Thanks Nancy. Yeah, I have a program that graphs my daily weigh in's and I log all my food... looking at it, the last 4 days have been wasted... I am exactly where I was 4 days ago just from that. I know I'll be back down in a day or 2 but overall that's 5-6 days to get the scale on a downward trend... that's out of 40!!!!! That's a big bite out of my weightloss journey!!! That IS major!!! I hadn't thought of that before! So yes. Lesson learned. I don't think I'll be doing THAT again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen
1234 ... 7