Gaining weight at day 8 on the HCG

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gaining weight at day 8 on the HCG

Claudiaonhcg
Hello everyone I just wanted to tell you a little about myself and my weight problems. I am 26 and a mother of two. I can't remember being skinny EVER! So in 2009 I made a new years resolution to lose weight and This time I'm sticking to it. I started with the idea of cutting out all beef, chicken, pork etc... Well anything that could walk i would not eat it. WoW it was hard I have to say I stuck to eating seafood but in 2009 I cheated about 4 times and had some meat.  But since then i have completely given up meat.  Let me add that when I started my diet in 2009 I weighted at 210 being 5'1. I was so strict on my diet that I lost 75 lbs in 11 months. I ate one fruit a day and a fish that was always steamed or broiled seasoning would be only salt but only a little just incase of retaining water weight. I also worked out 5 days out of the week, the gym was expensive. (24hr fitness) @ 56$ a month. Anyways...in Feb 2010 I weighted at 137 lbs I was so happy and continued to work out adding protien shakes, meal replacements drinks and a lot of protien bars. That is where I made my mistake. I turned out extra flabby in most places and my shoulders would be bulky with manly arms and thick thighs. In May 2010 I seen my OBGYN for my annually check up, as I stepped on the scale I weighted 155 OMG! I gained 17 lbs in 3 months alone. I burst out crying and didn't go through with my check up because I was very upset. Cried for 3 hours straight hickups and runny nose. The whole works. I stopped everything the gym, dieting, still I ate healthy but I didn't really care anymore till July 2010 when I met my boyfriend and Now the love of my life. Being inlove and happy we talked about getting married in the future. I'm super excited about that! Told my self I wanted everyone to be proud of me on my wedding day (being the first in the family to get married) I wanted that Wow your jaws would drop effect.  Earlier in October 2010 I googled dieting and came across the HCG diet and it sounded wonderful, so I ordered my drops and researched as I sit and wait for my order to come in I trained my self for two weeks doing the 500 calorie diet on my own to make sure what I'm losing is not water weight. On oct 22 my drops arrived, on the 23 I started my drops with two load days . Beginning weight was 148 after two load days I weigh at 151. I stucked it out and lost 7 lbs in 6 days weighing at 144 on friday. My 7th day I did not lose anything. On my 8 day( oct 31) I gained 1 lb. So I'm at 145. It's a little disturbing but I'm sticking to my goal of 115. I can't wait to wake up and weigh myself in the morning. I'm hopping for a miracle Wish me luck and I'll update :) till then good night!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gaining weight at day 8 on the HCG

bgiveans
Wow! You have already accomplished so much already! I had a gain around the same time (8 days), but then after a couple of days, it dropped, and everything was ok! Please stick with it! Know you will, as from your history, you definitely are NOT a quitter!!Thanks for sharing your story, and keep us all posted! bgiveans
Reply | Threaded
|

Claudiaonhcg
Thank you bgiveans I am always excited about new ideas for losing weight, thank you for your encouragement and I will update as much as possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

Claudiaonhcg
Exciting news! I woke up this morning and weigh my self at 143. :) so happy!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sophie09
In reply to this post by Claudiaonhcg
I too started on the 23.  You have really done well!  I can relate to going to the Dr's office and being so upset after reading thier scale.  The Dr's don't care either!!!!!  Nor do they help you out in any way.  I was told to go to a nutritionist at a diet center!  Be proud of how far you have come and how much more healthy you are.  There is something about having kids & the hormone mess that just make us women gain, gain, gain.  It is sooooooo unfair and upsetting!

The first week was HELL!  I felt weak and shaky.  As of today I gained a pound but so far have lost 6lbs.  I really did not lose anything this weekend.  I am very frustrated.  I really want to eat but I am so determined to lose.  It was really hard this weekend with Halloween.  I did have 3 small tootsie rolls.  I can't imagine that is enough to make me gain back a pound....overnight.  What happens when I go off HCG?

Reply | Threaded
|

Claudiaonhcg
Halloween was also hard for me but I hid most of the candy from the kids (and myself). The first week was a bit of a struggle. But I'm pulling through and focusing on the prize. I want to do the 40 days so that would mean I'll be at 108lbs. That is way to skinny! But I just wanted to see what 40 days could do to me. Im fine with losing another 15 lbs but hey why not just push it a little further just incase I put some lbs back on. We will see.
Reply | Threaded
|

MelNeedsHelp
Well I have to admit I'm becoming very frustrated!  My first week on the diet was great - I was so excited.  Then the second week was a complete stall - I decided to "ride it out" rather than do the apple day.  I've just started week 3 and I've gained two pounds!  I just don't get it.  I haven't cheated at all - haven't even thought of cheating.  How can I possibly eat 500 cals or less in a day and GAIN WEIGHT???  I did run out of the HCG I was taking (bought at GNC - HCG Platinum (which takes horrific) and it only lasted 10 days (what a rip off)).  I went with the HCG recommended on this site, which tastes much better, but I don't know why I have not only stalled but gained weight.  
Reply | Threaded
|

crazymommy
Hi there!!  I am at the end of Phase 2....last shot tomorrow!!  Are you BOTH drinking enough fluids???  I am drinking alot of green tea...but I noticed that the one day that I did not drink enough, I stalled.  I have also stalled, gained and then dropped...somehow it all seems to even itself out...so DONT GET DISCOURAGED and DRINK more liquids!!!  Best of luck to both of you!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MelNeedsHelp
I drink water constantly - starting to feel like I'm going to float away.  I can accept a 3-4 day stall, but it's been over a week with NO weight loss and now a weight gain.  I just don't get it.  I'm going to hang in there but if I go another week with nothing, it's going to be hard to stick with it.
Reply | Threaded
|

crazymommy
Maybe try an apple day?? (I am actually doing my first one today!) I will let you know tomorrow if it helps!!  And some green tea! There is also a Mini steak day listed...never tried it...but it seems like its worth it if it will help!!  Good luck!  Keep us posted!!  :) Also...is it time for your TOM??  Maybe that could have something to do with it??  
Reply | Threaded
|

MelNeedsHelp
I may give the apple day a try - let me know how your's works out.   I've decided to stay off the scale for a couple of days.  I will talk myself into cheating if I don't see some sort of weight loss reward for being good!  I've already had the "Gee, I can eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream and GAIN 2 pounds - why the hell should I keep dieting?" conversation with myself.  I think I need to just stop focusing on it for a couple of days.
Reply | Threaded
|

crazymommy
The Apple Day was awesome....down 2 lbs.... I was only able to eat 3 apples but I have been one of the few that is not hungry and basically forcing myself to eat!!  You should definately give it a try...DONT GIVE UP...DONT CHEAT YOURSELF!!  You can do this!!!!  Maybe it is just taking your body a little longer to adjust!!!  This diet is about YOU...not the food...so focus on how GOOD you will feel when you get to your desired weight :) I say the Apple day is worth a shot and if that doesnt jump start things then try a Mini Steak day!!!  I will be more than happy to keep you focused...if you need it!!  :)
Best of Luck..... please keep me posted!!!  I will keep you in my thoughts!!!  Have an awesome day!!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

mogann
did you stop drinking all that water on apple day??
Reply | Threaded
|

crazymommy
yes...just drank water I needed to quench my thirst.  It was so much easier than I thought it would be and great results...
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Gaining weight at day 8 on the HCG

mogann

Thanks a bunch

Monica Gannon

Executive Administrator

Training and Operations Division

14370 Newbrook Dr., Chantilly, VA 20151

Tel:  703-679-3585

Fax:  815-366-8098

Cell:  703-470-6327

From: crazymommy [via HCG Diet 411 Forum] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 1:12 PM
To: Monica Gannon
Subject: Re: Gaining weight at day 8 on the HCG

yes...just drank water I needed to quench my thirst.  It was so much easier than I thought it would be and great results...

Reply | Threaded
|

KatABDB
Mel, Simeons says that sometimes you have a longer stall when you reach a weight where you once stayed for a long time. Is that maybe what's happening to you? Have you lost enough weight that you have reached a weight that you stayed at for a long time in the past? He says it could take about a week to break through, but you will break through. Just try to keep your motivation up while you're stable, and I bet in a few more days, you will lose a pound or two at once and then continue on down.

You can do it! :)
blogging about the HCG diet at http://katbloggue.blogspot.com/
Reply | Threaded
|

MelNeedsHelp
Thankfully the stall was just temporary.  I suddenly lost 6 pounds (it was literally overnight) and I seem to be back on track.  Glad I didn't cave in!  I am now starting to pull out some of the bigger clothes from my "skinny" side of the closet (if that makes any sense).  
Reply | Threaded
|

mogann

Makes perfect sense, I am not there yet, the most I lost was on the first day with 2 lbs, the rest 1 pound per day, except for 2 days with I or 2 ounces, so I am still waiting for the Big Jump

Reply | Threaded
|

NotCleverAtNames
In reply to this post by MelNeedsHelp
Well I'm on Day 9 and am stalled for 4 days now! Day 5 I was down 12 pounds and was thrilled, but clearly this can only be a water loss. I've stuck to the diet like glue only to discover I've GAINED a pound this morning. I am encouraged by your experience but am wondering how much longer to wait before tryin an apple or steak day. I'm using the sublingual  homeopathic drops.
Reply | Threaded
|

mogann

Did you mix the HCG yourself or did you buy the drops?  Don’t do the steak day I believe it is more for the next phase, not this one.  This one does an apple diet or a certain diuretic, if I read the protocol the right way.  You could also try CALM Magnesium (Vitamin Store) and mix it with water every night and that might help with regularity, which might be another reason we are not losing.  I also ordered the pellets, which are supposed to have more HCG to help you along