My progress - Day 9

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My progress - Day 9

trishalove
Hi all.  Checkin in.  The first three 500 cal days of this diet was awful.  I am now on Day 9.  I still wake up starving each day.  After lunch, the rest of the day is easy.  I have only lost 3 lbs.  I am somewhat disappointed by this because I've easily lost 3 lbs in 9 days while doing other diets or just restricting calories.  This is when I usually give up because I want to see super fast results.  :)  I am not giving in though.
I've been doing little things to keep myself motivated.  I've made an elaborate chart to record my progress, what I eat, before photos, before measurements, etc.  Every morning I record my weight, body fat %, % body water, and my ketosis state.  Since day 5 I have been in a good state of ketosis.  If you don't have any ketostix, you should get some, they help with my motivation to see that I am burning fat.
Hopefully I will see a few more lbs drop soon to keep my spirits up.
I am totally bored with the food.  That is my major problem.  Everything was tasing great in the beginning (when youre starving) but now I am craving cheese, and refined carbs like crackers, chips.  Chips and dip oh how I miss you.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My progress - Day 9

Boji4ever
Trish, don't give up. I just found this site about a week ago when I was starting HCG. I am on day 9, too and I have lost 12.5 lb.s (that includes 3 lbs. I gained on my gorge days). I am also bored with food, I have a very busy lifestyle, 2 active kids and travel for work, so I tend to grab a bag of tuna, breadstick, orange or apple with a lettuce salad and that has been my mainstay. Today for the first time I have tried vanilla stevia drops in my coffee and it has filled my sweet tooth. I know I will miss food and be bored over the rest of this course, but it will be worthwhile if I can go down a pound a day. Hang in there!
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
In reply to this post by trishalove
Hi, Just saw this after I replied to you on mine! Anyway, hang in there! Like I said, I bet you are losing inches and the scale will probably budge alot in a few days! What a great idea wih the ketostix. I am going to the drug store today and picking some up! Great way for motivation, I think! Thanks for sharing this! Keep me posted, and have a great day!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hi TrishaLove,

I think you have some awesome will-power. Most of us would have cheated by now, but you are doing great so hang in there. If you want, you could eat an apple or some other fruit for breakfast, just as long as you subtract it from your lunch. Or you might try saving your melba toast and fruit from your dinner, then eat them as a snack after dinner. This way you might not be as hungry in the mornings. Just make sure that you don't eat anything for at least 2 hours before bedtime.

If you are on a lower dose of HCG, you might want to think about increasing it just a bit.

Good luck,

Brian M. Connole
HCG Diet 411 Blog and Forum
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

trishalove
Well day 10 and I've seen most drop in weight on the scale this morning!  Yay!  I think the stalling was due to TOM.

So I am officially down 6 lbs in 10 days.  If you count the 2 lb gain during the gorge, then that is 8 lbs.   Woo hoo!

Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
That is GREAT Trishalove!! Knew it would happen for you! I also was down this morning, not as much as you, but 1.6 pounds, so I am very happy which makes my weight loss a total of 8.4 pounds in 12 days(that is counting the weight aafter my gorge days) Sounds like we are both back on track!! Have a wonderful day!!
Reply | Threaded
|

trishalove
Down one more pound today!  Yay!  Haven't seen this number on the scale since before I became pregnant.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Suzy @ The HCG Diet 411 Blog
- Hi Trishalove -

You are doing awesome... I hope them numbers keep on dropping for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do for ya... Take Care,

- Suzy | The HCG Diet 411 Blog -
Reply | Threaded
|

Ml2f
Hi trishlove your doing GREAT, hang in there stick with the protocol and I promise your going to be very happy with the results. I also have that awful grumbling stomach in the morning, something I never had before I started the protocol, just remember its not a true hunger your feeling, just your stomach doing what it does naturally.