classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
303 messages Options
1234567 ... 16
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need An HCG Diet Buddy?

MelNeedsHelp
I had hit a plateau for a week about midway through week 2.  Just hang in there - it does kick start and with me I had a nice 6 pound drop when it did.  The hardest part of this whole thing for me is the sheer boredom of the food.  I'm not a big fish eater so I'm also sort of stuck with the chicken and the lean ground beef.  It's gotten to where I don't even eat the allowed portion because I'm just so sick of it.  I'm still not tempted to cheat though - I really like fitting into clothes I couldn't before starting this diet.  The payoff is great.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Lean Gound Beef?

patti
Can I eat ground Bison? If so, that's great to know. I have been eating chicken, fish & Bison steak. The fish I really like, but I am good with the protien. It's the vegie's. I like lettuce, tomatoes and asparagas only. Plus, I'm a chocoholic! Any suggestions?
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Need An HCG Diet Buddy?

mogann
In reply to this post by MelNeedsHelp

I am almost thru with the second week and so far only 9 lbs and maybe 2 inches around the middle, but it is hard work.  Hubby keeps kidding me that I am losing weight with all the preparations not the diet.  He also misses not going out, since he does not like me to just sit there with Ice Tea, although I would not mind. Yes the boredom of the food is extreme, the fact that you can’t combine veggies or fruit and can’t have the same twice in one day, makes it really hard.  I have gone on some difficult diets before, but there was always something I could eat in a restaurant, whereas with this you are really stuck.  Again it is OK if you see and feel the results which I am not.  So far the results are not much better than going on an Atkins or any other strict diet, I might maybe add on another week, but could have a lot more fun.  So now I am wondering whether it is the drops, since I am following this protocol to a T…..and yet other people are losing like crazy, so what’s wrong with me?  Drop 6 pounds seems like a faraway dream.  Even in the beginning I only dropped 2 pounds for one day and then it was 1 pound and then 2 ounces and then nothing and then gain a pound, then lose that one and…….not very exciting.  I have not lost enough to see a BIG difference in my clothes either, never mind, just really disappointed…I am waiting for the pellets to arrive in order to get more HCG, but now I wonder if that is enough.  Don’t want to go to shots for the next rounds, 3 times a day?  Don’t think so

Reply | Threaded
|

MelNeedsHelp
9 lbs might not seem like a lot, but I've been the "regular" diet and exercise route and it took months for me to lose 9 lbs.  I seem to be one of those that show no weight loss day to day but then suddenly drop 5-7 lbs.  I did it the first and second week and now I'm at the end of the 3rd week and I've been "stalled" for 5 days.  I'm hoping I have another 6 lb drop in a couple of days like I did with week 2.  I'll admit though, I really did lose on week 1 (probably water).  And I'm able to fit into some clothes that I couldn't wear before - major encouragement.  I do wish I could see daily weight loss, but as long as it shows up eventually I'll be happy.  I am kind of surprised that the weight doesn't fall off faster considering 400-500 calories per day is a FRACTION of what I was eating before.  
Reply | Threaded
|

mogann

That is what surprises me, even on a diet you eat at least 1200 calories and here you just about cut that in third, so it would seem you should lose 3x faster, but it ain’t so….I am not about to give up now, I only have another week and a half to go, so I am going to see it thru, too much work and money invested in it, but I am looking forward to a cup of coffee with cream, I can’t stand black coffee, so I just drink water and ACV and I go to Wegman’s shopping and just inhale all the good smell.  While I may not be too bad with sweets I am a big carb person, don’t like anything that is healthy for you and hope that when I cross over I can eat all I want without gaining weight.  I wonder sometimes if people were given a choice between good sex or all the food they want without gaining weight, what would they choose?  I bet on the food, especially in older folksJ

Reply | Threaded
|

MelNeedsHelp
Hate to say it but I'd go with the food!!!!  I do think I'm starting to dream about chip and dip, birthday cake and Corona Light.  I won't cheat but I think I'm going to have to really watch myself when I go into Phase 3 - I don't want to gain back every pound in a week.  I'm going to try to do better portion control - I think that is where I haven't done so well in the past.  Plus I'm such a boredom snacker.  Food is just entertainment.  I think this diet has been helpful with that - it really broke me of the habit of just snacking to be doing something.  I think now I'll be able to resist the late evening snacking.
Reply | Threaded
|

keeneow
In reply to this post by Joni
You probably are done with diet but I would like to hear how you did.  I live in Woodstock and have been on diet for l7 days.
It's going ok but think I need some reinforcing especially with Christmas coming up.  Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

mandig
You probably dont want to hear what I have to say. I know three other woman whom done this we all lost the weight, but it isback on already. After all the diets Ive done, lifestyle change is the onyl that works. With excercise and eating appropriate amounts you can enjoy a diet and keep the weight off.

Mandi Greenly

----- Original Message -----
From: "keeneow [via HCG Diet 411 Forum]" <[hidden email]>
To: "mandig" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:35:44 PM
Subject: Re: Need An HCG Diet Buddy?

You probably are done with diet but I would like to hear how you did.  I live in Woodstock and have been on diet for l7 days.
It's going ok but think I need some reinforcing especially with Christmas coming up.  Thanks.

View message @ http://forum.hcg411.info/Need-An-HCG-Diet-Buddy-tp1531639p2112622.html
To unsubscribe from Need An HCG Diet Buddy?, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

mogann
In reply to this post by keeneow

I am afraid you don’t want my input either.  All of it is really my own fault, I stopped taking my Thyroid medication and the HRT replacement for the month of the diet and from a normal 0.7 to 4.5 I was at 43.78 at the end of the diet, that in turn caused a bad attack of “slow stomach” with nausea, cramps etc.  You can’t eat any fiber when that happens and I am tired all the time.  The sacrifice was not worth it and I only lost 11 pounds with most of it back on.  My doctor yelled at me and my blood work came back worse than what it was before I started the diet.  So – no – I would never do it again.  It is lifestyle change and exercise and while it is a lot slower, it is a lot easier to live with.  Sorry for the bad news.  But I have heard women who were very successful, just probably not the ones with serious thyroid problems, my doctor was amazed I lost that much, of course by now who cares….

Reply | Threaded
|

Lesa
In reply to this post by Brian Connole
ok what if you dont know what day you are going to start your period?
i have had oblation (not sure of the spelling) and my periods have went from 5-7 days to 2-3 days and they are all over the board....
i did the drops last month & didnt know that i should have not taken them when i was "on" and i was forgetting everything....other than that what other side effects did that do to me that i dont know about??
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
If that is the case, you would just want to stop the drops during your 2 heaviest flow days.
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
In reply to this post by mandig
Mandig, did you use the Homeopathic Drops or the Pharmaceutical HCG? I forget which one it was.

Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

funkim
Happy New Year, Everyone!!  I will be starting my load days next week:  Tuesday and Wednesday and then starting phase 2 on Thursday (have to wait until TOM is over).  I am looking for a buddy to keep me company on this journey.  I am 100% committed but think it might be a little easier if I know someone else is exactly where I am.  Thanks!!!
Fer
Reply | Threaded
|

Fer
Hi funkim,  I am on my second load day. Am ready to start the diet tomorrow.  I to am 100% committed.  I have never done this diet before.  Went to our local health food store and the ladies there are very helpful (most of them have done the diet).  I am also looking for a diet buddy.  Let me know how your doing.  GL  
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
Hi Fer/GL
My name is Shelly and this whole thing is foreign to me... Today is my first day on the 500 cal. phase.
I was really scared during the load days as it goes against all that I know to do to be healthy. I gained 3 pounds the first day alone... ate too much felt sick (didn't really know what I was doing... if I do this a gain I am going to load up on healthy fats not everything high calorie I could consume... ) Anyway 2nd load day was much better and and odd as it seems lost 2 of those pounds when I weighed in... so was only up one pound from starting weight to start this 500 cal phase.

So like I said... I am on my first day of the 500 cal phase... So far so good... not hungry at all! I had scheduled a lunch date today so was worried about what to order...  but all went fine... The restaurant let me special order spinach leaves and shrimp with lemon wedges and balsamic v. I do not quite understand the reasoning for not mixing the veggies.. that is going to be hard. I am drinking all my water... and am having green tee as I write this.

I do not know how this forum works.. but I do feel having a buddy will help me be accountable.. I really want to finish at least the 21 days.
Does that start on the load days or in my case today?
Good luck to you,
Shelly (windshel)
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hi Shelly,

This Forum is just a place to discuss all aspects of the HCG Weight Loss Diet. To answer your question - If you are doing a 23 day round, you will have 21 days on the 500 Calorie Diet. So in your case that would start today.

It sounds like you did great on your Gorge Days. The more you Gorge the better.

Be sure to keep us all posted on your progress.

Good luck, and welcome to the HCG Diet 411 Forum,

Brian M Connole
HCG Diet 411

Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
Thank you... if one does find a buddy... do you suggest going off line exchanging emails or posting on this thread.
Thank you so much for this site.. it has helped me alot already.
shelly
Fer
Reply | Threaded
|

Fer
In reply to this post by windshel
Hi Shelly, I felt the same way on my load days.  Thought I was going to puke a few times.  Never have I eaten so much in one day.  I gained two pounds.  I did feel some what hungry today, but just kept drinking my water and tea with a lot of bathroom trips. lol  It's kind of funny that we started the same day and had the exact same meal today.  Did you get recipes for salad dressing?  I have a couple from a recipe book for this diet that I can forward to you. Just let me know.  GL on day two...  Fer
Reply | Threaded
|

twinckle
Hi there!  

Today is my 2nd day.  I do have some questions for anyone that can answer them please.  I got my HCG from do it yourself website and I have heard great things about it.  On their web, it said that tuna fish in water (can) is good, but in their book manual it says no tuna.  

Next question is, I know we are to stay away from oils makeup lotions as the skin absorbs them, but my husband and I own a coffee shop/bistro and i do most of the cooking in the back...so what do I do about air born oils found in a kitchen, specially over a grill?  What about dish sope ?  I know I had to change my toothpaste and body soap etc.,.  

Next qwestion, would hair color interfere with the diet?  I also changed my shampoo so I can take my shampoo and conditioner to the stylist but does the hair die interfere?  

and I promise my LAST question for the day is,...I know no liquid makeup only powder, and they said eye brow pencil and lipsticks are ok, but surely eye liner and mascarra are ok as well?????  

I want to do this the BEST I can so I thank you so very, very, much for any help!!!!  I DO need a diet buddy to encourage eachother!!!  

thanks,
twinckle
Reply | Threaded
|

windshel
I just started  a new topic/thread if anyone want to be daily check in buddies... I noticed quite a few of us... started our load days on 1-1-11 so the topic name is (:1-1-1:) BDCI (Buddies daily check in)
Check out my post and let me know what you think. I am not normally this bold, but I really want to be successful at this and need a buddy.
windshel
1234567 ... 16