New here, need a buddy, entering week 4 and hypothyroid issues.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New here, need a buddy, entering week 4 and hypothyroid issues.

TanyaT
Hi, my name is Tanya, today is my first time to this site and I'm so glad that there's a site in cyber world helping people doing this HCG diet. I'm 37, married, 3 children, and I suffer from Hashimoto's Disease ( hypothyroidism).
I'm 4"11 and my starting weight was 144. I'm 4 weeks ( 5/6/13 will mark my 4 week start) into the program and I'm down 11.4 lbs. I stalled for almost 2 weeks with only ounces lost. My HCG experience isn't like most who've posted here. I'm doing my program through Transformations medical weight loss clinic here in central Florida. I didn't have to go through a loading phase and my calorie intake is 800 calories a day. I was given a booklet with specific foods excepted on this program and a guide for what food groups to eat during the day. So I have some freedom to move some items between those groups just not going over my calorie intake.
I take 5 cc of HCG that I take subcutaneous daily with 2 days off. I also take chromium, a multivitamin, and an appetite suppressant to help with cravings and it also helps with my energy since my thyroid hormones seem to be out of whack and leave me fatigued.

I'm hoping to find people here who are needing a buddy and also people who might be having the same issues as me or even on the same program.

Thanks for reading.... Happy HCG :-)
Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New here, need a buddy, entering week 4 and hypothyroid issues.

bgiveans
Hi Tanya, I also have Hashimoto's. I'm quite a bit older then you, 55, but I was only diagnosed a few years ago, but I was finally so happy when I was diagnosed, because I finally had an answer as to why I was feeling the way that I was!I have done the HCG diet about 4 times in the last 3 years... The hardest for me is always the maintenace phase as I find myself always doing it right before a major event like one of my children's weddings, etc! I had 2 get married within 6 months last year, so it was quite eventful! Anyway, I finally found a great endocronologist over here in the Houston area(that is where I live) and he put me on armour thyroid which has really helped my hashimotos. Are you on any medication for yours? I also go through a doctor for the hcg, but I have the injections that I do every morning and then I go into their office every weeek to get blood pressure,weight, and an injection of B-12 shot.

Just the fact that you went through a period where you did not lose probably as much as you would have liked, shows you are determined and you WILL lose the weight you want to on the HCG. I think the 11 plus pounds you have already lost is great! I think those of us with Hashimoto's have slower metabolisms, and I really think that the diet helps with this. I did this test called metacheck at my dr's office after my last round though and my metabolism was still showing below normal, but I had only been on maintenace for 3 weeks, so they will recheck it again after this second round I am now on.., which is now.. but just a 23 day round.. I'll be on maintenance by May 22. Anyway, they suggest doing another metacheck around July. You may want to check into that too.

Keep me posted on your progress and I sure will be rooting for you! I know you will do really well! I hope it has helped knowing there is someone on this site that knows what you are going through with the Hashimoto's Also, there is a site I go to alot via FB called Thyroid sexy with all kinds of great tips for Hashimoto's.

Happy HCG dieting!

Becky
Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
Hi, thanks for your reply. It's in encouraging to know there is someone else out their who knows what I'm going through.

Yes, I am also taking armour thyroid, 60 mg. I was on it last year around this time and then my new dr switched me to synthroid because she didn't recommend it. So I allowed it and what a huge mistake that was. I gained all my weight plus some. My normal routine of eating right and exercise didn't help at all, never lost a pound. I made my dr switch me back to armour against her recommendations. It sickens me that these Drs solely go by lab results and not the patients symptoms. I used an endocrinologist when I was first diagnosed 4 years ago and I left because he refused to switch my meds to armour . He had me on levothyroxine.

The metacheck, is that don't by blood work? Drs offices here rarely pull your blood in house, they send us to a place like LabCorp or quest to have our blood drawn. So annoying lol anyways I'm gonna ask my dr the next time I go in.

Was your hcg round based on the 500 calorie diet? How much weight did you lose?

I have a cruise coming up June 8 and I am nervous about how I'm going to handle that. I've been on quite a few of them and so I know what to expect. I don't think I'll be in maintenance phase yet so that's why I'm apprehensive about it. The dr at the clinic said I can take a carb blocker that will help with blocking about 80% of the carbs I eat. Water will be an issue to sice you have to pay for bottled water..

Question.... Kinda TMI but do u still get your monthly cycle? I ask because if so how do you handle cravings during that time? I'm due for mine and I'm craving coffee which I had 3 cups of yesterday lol and I gained 6 ounces. Not big but still!

I look forward to keeping in touch and you do the same.

Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Hi Tanya, Interesting you are taking 60 mg of armour. I take 90, and will be checked in July to see if that is the right dose for me, although I did finally find a endocronolgist who seems to go by how I am feeling as oppossed to the blood tests, which we all knw with Hashimoto's may not really telll anything! I am glad yu are on the Armour!

With your cruise, if Iwere you, just try to stay low carb as much as you can. I know on a cruise that might be hard to do, but just enjoy yourself!

I have a short vacation to New Orleans area(where I am originallly from) for a reunion the day after I finsh the diet and start maintenance, so I am a bit worried I will gain, but we can only do our best, right! I have done the HCG 4 times before, and my doctor says really once or twice a year really does not hurt if you fell you need to do that to keep weith under control.

The metacheck does not use blood at all.. You fast for 4 hours ahead and then you blow air(or breathe into this tube for 10 minutes) it measures your resting caloric expenditure so you know how many calories you can consume a day withou gaining wieight, and then it tells you if you add in excercise how many calories you can have and if you want to lose weight, how many calories. Pretty neat tool, however I was not happy with my result, but they told me to do it again in July as I had not been off of the hcg very long,.

On my HCG program, it is 500 calories a day. I get pre made meals over here by this company that specializes in HCG meals called The Dinner Dude so all I have to do is eat one for lunch and one for dinner and then add my two fruits in for the day.
That makes it extremely easy because it takes all the prep and measuring away. Do you have anything like that where you are?

The first time I did the hcg I broke it up into two segments and I lost 20 pounds.... I usually average about a 1/2 pond a day when it is all said and done... This past ime I started in February and was able to get 30 days in, then I had to go out of town, so I lost 14 pounds then and now I am on a 23 day to lose another 10 which will put me at my goal or close to it. My problem is aways keeping it off over a long period of time.

I don't have a monthly cycle anymore, but I am on hormone replacement now, so I find my weight fluctuates somewhat at different times. I am very sensitive to too much sodium, and with the hashimoto's I have found that I don't tolerate wheat or gluten too well, so I basically have tried to cut that out of my diet, also soy products... I went on Nutrisystem one time and actually gained weight and when I looked on the ingredients it had soy in it!

I drink alot of coffee with Stevia in it and just one tablespoon of milk, so if I were you, I would continue to enjoy your coffee if you can enjoy it bblack or with just the tablespoon of milk during Phase 2. In phase 3 I still enjoy it with some half and half! Boy I wake up on maintenace day and look so forward to that!!

Looking forward to keeping in touch with you too! Keep me posted and really, please don't fret too much about your trip! I know how you are feeling, but you also need to enjoy yourself! Just words of wisdom from an older lady who has been there, done that!

Take care! Becky
Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
Hi Becky,
Thanks for your words of wisdoms ;-). I will definitely take your advise. I too have found that any starches have an effect on me, I limit them or cut them out entirely such as bread, pasta and rice, if they aren't whole natural or organic I don't eat them. I gain weight rather fast from them and its been a challenge to even eat the whole grain stuff such as the pasta and rice. I read that people with Hashimoto's should stay away from soy products, something to do with the effects on the thyroid.

I'm not sure if we have a company the specifically specializes in Meals for HGC dieters. That's a cool idea tho. Is it expensive?

I love my coffee lol. I have cut back a lot since starting the HCG, I unfortunately can't have stevia, I'm one of the weird ones who has a reaction from it. I need to look into xylitol, a natural sweetener that's used in gum and other things. A lot of fitness competitors like it as apposed to stevia. I'm also lactose intolerant haha so I use the rice milk since I can't use my normal almond milk. I have been using 1 tsp of nonfat non dairy creamer for my coffee. Some old habits die hard like switching to milk for coffee

Wow, New Orleans!! I visited there about 2 years ago, we stayed at the rathbone inn for several days, after a cruise we had taken with my sister for her honeymoon.

Talk to you soon!
Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Yes, I find I gain weight really quickly if I eat alot of starches or carbs too! Seems like I am kinda stalling right now on the HCG.... I hope it gets back on track tomorrow as I really don't enjoy the apple days... Sometimes if I just eat the 2 meals without the apples it straightens out, though.

The dinner dude meals are not real cheap, but not too bad either(range from $800-12.50)  if you consider it is all done, measured out and giving you the protein and veggies together. I range between &128.00 and $135 for my weekly meals, but I figure, that is not too bad as I don't have to go grocery shopping, etc. My husband travels alot during the week, and he really is a much better cook and likes to cook, so it works. But on the weekend, it drives him crazy that I am on the diet cuz he wants me to eat all those good New Orleans dishes he cooks! It is hard to say no too! We both grew up over there so we enjoy all that good creole food! It is so difficult to go over there and not eat all that good food. I did really well, last time I was over there and stayed on maintenance, but it was not easy! Never Easy to eat right in The Big Easy!!

I don't have any children left at home, and I know you do. I imagine it is harder for you young moms to do all the preparing for your family and then yourself! I really applaud you all for that!My favorite dish from the dinner dude is their chili. It is a  satisfying portion and very filling!

I use xylitol on occasion. I like the consistency of it, cuz it is granular like sugar.

How is your weight loss going this week? I hope well! Talk to you soon!

Becky

Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
Hi Becky!
Hope your having a good start to your weekend. Happy Mother's Day!  I'm kinda glad that I am not following the 500 calorie diet, not sure about how I'd feel just eating apples.... My weight has been steadily decreasing. I'm down to 131 as of this am. My starting weight was 144 last month. So each day I'm losing between 2 and 4 ounces rather than pounds. My cycle was in town so I think that's why I stalled last week for a couple days. I don't have that much to lose so that also could be why I don't lose more at one time than those who need to lose 60 or more pounds. I only want to drop between 28 and 30 pounds. ( wow that's a lot

I find that eating healthy isn't that difficult for me since I've already been doing it for a couple years now. My husband rarely cooks so I'm cooking their dinner separate from mine or I make mine ahead and refrigerate it so I don't have to cook two separate meals. I used to make my lunches and dinners for the week and just pop them in the microwave.

The meals are expensive... Wow.... But if that's something that works for you that's awesome!

My hunny has learned that my eating healthy is important to me so he doesn't get upset anymore like he used to. I don't know how he'll react once we're on the cruise. He doesn't seem to understand that you don't have to eat everything just cause u spent a lot of money for a cruise.
(oh well) he'll get over it I guess.

Any Mother's Day plans?
Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Hi Tanya,

Hope you had a great Mother's Day! I had a very lazy day, and a nice day, but I did not get to see any of my children or grandchildren as they live too far away, but it was a relaxing day with my husband and our little dachsund, Lucy.

Wow, Sounds like your weight loss is going great! I am into to the final stretch, the last week, and I cannot wait for maintenance next Wednesday, the 22nd. My total weight loss will be 20-22 pounds. I started out at 134, and I should get to at least 112. I find that is a good weight for me as I am pretty small boned. The biggest challenge is keeping it off....

My husband would think the same thing about the cruise!!He would want me to eat all the buffets, etc! I know you will have a great time!

Sounds like your meal preps are going well too! That is wonderful

Well, keep me posted on your week!
Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
Hello!!!
Aww sorry to hear your kids are so far. I understand how u feel tho, my oldest son is in California, he goes to college out there.
My Mother's Day ummmm well let's say it was eventful to say the least. My daughter who's 6 wasn't really herself and I didn't think she was sick or anything, we went to church and instead of her going to the children's area she stayed with me and my husband. I had that motherly gut instinct she was gonna be sick so 10 min into service she tells me her tummy hurts. I told my husband lets go I think she gonna be sick and sure enough I wasn't outside 5 min and she barfs. Well it's been a bumpy rd ever since. Today I get a call from the schools clinic that Talia is in there with a temp of 101 and when I get her, poor girl as super pale.  I took her straight to her dr and they confirmed her with strep. So lucky me gets to take the next day off.  But on a positive note I received 2 doz roses from my husband and my oldest son sent me a bouquet of flowers.

How tall are you? I'm hoping to get down to that weight as well, I enjoy fitness so weight is really just a number to me, I want my body to look healthy.
Congrats on finally getting down to your goal and entering maintenance phase, how long did it take altogether?

I went yesterday to get my shots and do my weigh in. Their scale said 132,  so I saved 10 dollars for 10 lbs lost.  I was 144 and sat morning my scale said 130. I'm super stoked and finally getting back into my clothes from when I lost the weight last year. My stomach has gone down significantly but my thighs are saying no way. I haven't lost anything in my thighs lol.  Talk to u soon
Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Hi Tanya, I hope your little girl,Talia, is better now! Such a pretty name!! That strep is such a nasty thing!

That was so nice of your husband to give you the beautiful roses, and your son to send you the pretty bouquet of flowers! Where in California does he go to school? My youngest wanted to go to school there when he was looking at colleges, but it was hard for him to get in, and so he ended up staying in Texas and is at UT in Austin.He has to go on and get his PHD, and he is still wanting to go to California, so I told him he better start talking to some of his professors about programs he can apply to!

I am getting tired of the 500 calories! I am counting down the days, but I am a bit nervous nas one day after ai start the maintenance, I go to Louisiana for 2 reunions( one with all my elementary school classmates! ) and then one with my old neighborhood where I grew up. I know it is gonna be super hard to stay away from the food as it is a set menu for both things.. I gusess I will just have to do as good as I can.

I am about 5'3 I used to be 5'4, but I think I have shrunk over the years! I definitely am not toned anymore! I used to excercise alot in my 20's and 30's and then it started tapering in my 40's. I need to at least start walking again! Even though I have lost the weight, ,I don't feel very toned! I have this machine called Vibratrim that I get on everyday,but I am sure I need more. I have thought of trying a pilates class,but I live out in the country and it would take me at least 45 minutes to an hour just to get to the class in The Woodlands. I have a pilates tape that I like, so maybe I should do that!

It took me 2 rounds of the hcg. The first was 30 days and this one is 23. I got down to this weight a couple of years ago and put it all back on, so it is the maintenance for me that is so,so hard! I seem to fall back into old habits!

I know you will succeed with getting to your goal!! I think you are doing great

Talk to you later!!

Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
Hello again :-),
I hope your doing well. Talia is much better, she was put on antibiotics which worked well. But myself and my husband had come down with colds  and so I was a sicky taking care of a sicky lol my little one was sick too.

My oldest is going to CAL STATE East Bay,  I believe that's in Hayward California. He's been there 2 years now.
As far as I have heard UC Berkley is one of the best university's to go to but I don't know for what major. I hope your son gets in.

I purchased a carb blocker for when I'm on the cruise. I'm supposed to take it 30 min before breakfast, 30 min before lunch and 30 min before dinner. By doing that its supposedly able to block up to 80% of the carbs I take in which I think is pretty good.
My last weigh in was 129 which was Monday, today my scale said 127. I'm getting there slowly but surely.

Are you on the maintenance yet?

Hope your holiday weekend is great!
Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Hi Tanya! Wow, your weight loss is great! Glad to hear too that your little girl is better, and I hope you,your husband and your little one are better now too!

I was over in Louisiana most of memorial day weekend! I had a elementary school reunion and then a reunion in the old neighborhood where I grew up! I had not seen some of the pople since I was 8 years old!! Had a blast, but it was hard being on maintenance.. did not do too bad though, in fact I lost a litttle because I think I was just not eating enough, but when I got home, the scale went back up. I am still on maintenance, going into the second week.This morning I was a few oz over my set point weight, so I think I am gonna do a steak day today and see what happens.

What is the name of your carb blocker! I might get some too. My husband is taking me to San Antonio to the River Walk this weekend for my birthday and I know we will go get some good Tex-Mex... I will still be on the maintenance, so that would be a good thing for me to take!

I know you will have a great time on your cruise!!

Keep me posted on things!

Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
Hello :-)
Well these last couple weeks have been good and yesterday was the last day of school for the kids here. 3 more days till the cruise n I'm down to 123.6
I'm glad u had a great time in La, must have been great catching up. I have a few people I'd like to see from my school days.
I am starting phase 2 while on the cruise, which is a good thing cause I get to eat more without feeling guilty about it. The only downside is sometimes the cruise ships don't offer the healthier things that we should be eating so I'm sticking to salads n fruits.
The carb blocker is offered through the clinic I go to, but u can get one from GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe.
I'll do a little research and get back to you with a brand name that has good reviews.
I have a Facebook page if you are into that type of social networking, www.facebook.com/TanyaTirado

Well, I'll get back to you ASAP. Take care sweetie. TTYL
Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
In reply to this post by bgiveans
http://carb-blockers.org/

It tells you in there what a carb blocker is, what some side effects are an gives you 2 popular products. It says that an extract from white kidney beans is used in most but doesn't tell you the name..... It's called phaselous vulgaris. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help with it.
Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
HI! Thanks Tanya for the carb blocker info!

Well, you did so well in your weight loss before the cruise, which you are on now!! I hope you are having a fantastic time!!
I just got back from San Antonio with my husband for a long birthday weekend, and I gained 3 pounds! Oh no!! I may have missed the day to do a steak day, so now I may have to really diet to lose the 3 this coming week:(

I am on Facebook alot, so I'll look you up! Have a great time on the cruise and we'll talk soon!

Becky

Reply | Threaded
|

Nbrown
In reply to this post by TanyaT
Hi Tanya,

It looks as though you have several buddies already now however I wanted to reach out to you anyway because our stats are very similar.  I found it helpful to read your posts regarding your HCG journey.  So thanks for posting!!!

I too am 4'11 and my starting weight was 143.  I am on day 10 now and am down only 5 pounds to 138.  I got to admit, I am a little discouraged seeing so many people on here that have lost 10 to 15 pounds in 10 days but I figured everyone is different and hopfully I will see better results this week.

I would be interested to hear where you are at now and what you goal weight is.  

Warm regards,

Nicole
Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
Hello Nicole,
The more the merrier i say when it comes to buddies so please, feel free to comment anytime
It took me a long time to lose the weight but found that when i stalled they increased the amount of HCG i was taking by 1. so i was up to 7 or 8 cc
i got down to 122 before my cruise on june 8th. So  2 1/2 months it took me to drop 20 lbs. The only thing i don't like is that your not really supposed to exercise and I'm an exercise fanatic.

Don't be discouraged because it does come off. For us just a little longer. I have been on phase 2 now for 2 weeks, one more to go before going back on HCG for another round. I've gained back about 3 to 4 lbs and thats pretty good considering i was on an 8 day cruise and 2 days in the Keys with my hubby n kids.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I just figured my Hashimoto's was to blame for my delay in weight loss, do you have any medical issues?

Thanks for contacting me and stay intouch. I want to keep in contact to see how your progress is coming along. TTYS
Happy HCG
Reply | Threaded
|

TanyaT
In reply to this post by Nbrown
Hi Becky!!!!
How has these last couple of weeks been? did you lose those 3 pounds? I gained about 4 lbs but as i said to Nicole, i thinks thats pretty good considering the circumstances lol. Did you find me on FB?
The cruise was beautiful however the dining experience was the worst I've ever had, hubby and i have been on many cruises and this was the worst. Im going to contact Carnival and let them know too. Not only the dining but the buffet too, they don't offer alternatives for the healthy eaters, i found on occasion baked foods but still! I should be able to find what ever since we pay very good money to be on these cruises to begin with.  

Other than that i cant complain.

How was the B-day weekend? Was it your birthday?
Happy HCG