Oil/lotion on my hands - how much will it affect?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Oil/lotion on my hands - how much will it affect?

suzetteml
I am a massage therapist.  There is no way I can avoid using lotion or oil in my practice.  Corn starch is an alternative, but is very messy, and will be inhaled, not good for my lungs or client's, and not everyone likes the feel of it.  I can also wear gloves, but that cuts down on my sensation, and clients' can sometimes tell, and I use my forearms and elbows a lot.  Anything I do will have to be the "norm" for several weeks.  Any suggestions?  Does anyone think it will affect my losses?  I usually take a couple extra drops (using sub-lingual HCG) on the days I work.  I have just started.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Oil/lotion on my hands - how much will it affect?

From14to4
Wow!   That's a hard one!   Are there any that are purely mineral oil based?
HCG Happy in Texas!   YEEHAW!
Reply | Threaded
|

suzetteml
Problem is mineral oil is not good for your skin and is frowned upon in the massage world.  I wouldn't use it on my own skin.
Reply | Threaded
|

TheChicsporadic
since you have already started with the drops, have you noticed any slight changes like a gain or something, when you took the drops and used oil during work at the same time? I read from somewhere, can't remember where, and I think I posted it here also, that lotions and creams do not penetrate all 7 layers of the skin. I think that was a Dr. Koontz, am not so sure.

On another note, I continued using my make up when I go out but it did not affect my weight loss. Anyway, just observe, but as long as it is not something you digest, I guess you would still lose weight no matter what . Basically the same principle as to vegetarians who can't eat meat, so for their protein intake, they tossed between eggs, cottage cheese, skim milk. Those were allowed but just for special cases as for the vegans. Simeons specified that they wouldn't lose as much weight as those who do the conventional eating but still a weight loss just the same. Hope this helps!
Reply | Threaded
|

suzetteml
Thanks for your advice/opinions.  I have been losing so far, and I am very careful to wash hands/arms before and after each massage anyhow.  I don't use any lotions or oils for personal hygiene since I started this.  I also wonder about the fact that I am using jojoba oil, which I am told is not a real oil, but a wax.  And yes, I too, learned in school that carrier oils do not penetrate the entire dermis, but essential oils do, so I have put those on hold for now.  (I used them daily).  I guess it will be a wait and see thing.