Phase 3 is Kicking my Rear!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Phase 3 is Kicking my Rear!!

AliMar
I did great on phase 2!  I lost 22.6lbs and my body has totally been contoured :)
Now my problem is that on phase 3, I have gone up and down a total of 3.6 lbs...
I've done a steak day where I almost passed out @ 4pm, not from hunger but from
my blood pressure n blood sugar dropping.  I am eating tons of protein (steak, chicken, eggs, etc)
but I dont know where it is I am going wrong.  I did fantastic (I think) on phase 2 and actually
liked the way I was eating.  I plan on starting to walk again tonight (like to do 3 miles x 4 times a wk)..
any recommendations from the Peanut Gallery?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Phase 3 is Kicking my Rear!!

From14to4
Hi there......  I am about 14 days away rom phase 3.... a tad bit nervous so I've been researching it.   I found a blog from a woman that has chronicled her 1.5 year journey on HCG.      Check out her foods and comments, she posts everyday and states her weight and how much she has gained or lost or where she is from her last shot day weight, etc.      I plan on using her menus!!!  :-)      Keep me posted please....

http://hcg-diet-journey.blogspot.com/2011/08/r4-phase-3-day-8.html
HCG Happy in Texas!   YEEHAW!
Reply | Threaded
|

TheChicsporadic
In reply to this post by AliMar
I think the 1 tbs sugar on P2 if you experienced sugar rush is still applicable for P3, providing that it is just a tbsp and nothing more. What helped me maintain on P3 other than watching what i eat is the exercise, this is very important so don't just do a "walk" do the brisk walk. On my end i did the video exercise coz right now I am a stay at home mom. Hope this helps!
Reply | Threaded
|

From14to4
Hi there.... check this out regarding stabilization.
HCG Happy in Texas!   YEEHAW!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
I was struggling just like you at the beginning of p3, and this is what I learned.
"I have gotten a little more insight, thanks to help from a buddy on my own post. I am actually doing better than I thought I was. In p2, the day before my last drops day, I did an apple day thinking I would glean just a little more out of my loss. Now I find out that I have to adjust for this because when you do that you lose water weight that does not stay off. I thought my weight should stabilize at the 204 range, but really I should be at 206. And I'm finding that I have actually been right at that 2 lb +/- range the whole time, except for when I did that 1st steak day. (209- FROM CHEATING w pizza!!!) I heard from another blog/vlog about this, and that that many steak days are just NOT normal. If you're really struggling with this I suggest you look at what you did the last week or so of p2 and see if that might be the case, and if so, adjust your weight. Listen to where your body is trying to stabilize at, and if you need to do another round or workout to get that last bit off, you always can do that! Your body really will tell you where it wants to stabilize at!

Another problem I was having was NOT getting in enough calories. In p2 we are really burning more like 2500-4000 cals a day, and if we don't get in those 1500 in p3, our bodies can go into starvation mode and start to hold onto EVERYTHING, so we gain. So if you're gaining and not eating enough food, try and make an effort to get your cals up and see if that does the trick. (It did for me and I lost .6 of the gain since yesterday's weigh in.)

And 1 last tip. I found that I gained (within my 2 lb range, but still a gain) when I didn't make an effort to drink all my water as in p2. You really need all that water to keep your body flushed out, if not then it will start retaining water. (Especially if you're excersizing, which I had just started doing when I learned this lesson.)

Hope this helps all you who are weary of p3. I was with you totally this week!!! I am so glad to find out that I needed to adjust, which took a little hard acceptance, and that I needed all the calories and water. I REALLY hope this helps you all find your way. I'll post more if I find out anything else that might cause all this. God Bless on p3! "
Just remember: "Nothing works if you dont!!!"

Kristen
Reply | Threaded
|

katiesmemaw
Kristen, thanks for your insights and support!!!  Wishing you the very best on your journey!
Reply | Threaded
|

Kristen
You're sooooooooooo welcome. I have a lot of compassion for anyone who's struggling on this diet, especially when they ask for help!!! I've been there! I felt hopeless and stuck too and totally depressed, so I can feel your pain! Thanks for the well wishes! I'm afraid I may need them.
Just remember: "Nothing works if you dont!!!"

Kristen