Please help..stabilization question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please help..stabilization question

Macy
I am getting very close to my stabilization period.  I am on day 19 of the vlcd.  I have lost 18.8 lbs, but I want to lose more!!  I know I can stay on the vlcd for 42 days, but I have a work trip coming up in 4 wks and I think it would be impossible to maintain that on this trip,  (for one, my coworker do not know I am doing this)  And doing the 3 weeks of stabilization will take me right up to the day before I leave.  I want to make sure I do everything right by the book to ensure it resets everything correctly.  My question is...could I still try to lose some wt on the stabilization?  I know it says I have to maintain within the 2 lbs, but I was wondering why? I can see not going up more then 2, but why can't  I try not to lose more? But like I said earlier, I def. want to maintain protocol for this whole thing to work.  I have struggled my whole life with my weight and I am TIRED OF BEING IN THIS BODY!!! If I can not try to keep losing on the stabilization period.......Can I restart the whole thing over after my trip. (also do you still lose inches in the stabilization period)  Like if I started 1 week to week and a half after my stabilization?
Then that would not be so bad....I just don't want to have to wait 6 more weeks before starting to lose again!!!  I am doing great on the vlcd, I have not cheated once. I bake all the time for my hubby (he does not have a wt problem) and am not bothered by family dinner gatherings, I just go prepared.    PLEASE HELP me on these questions I so badly want to keep losing.......I want more and more weight to come off!!!!  I so wish I could cancel my trip and go for the 42 days~~~  UGH........
Thank you for any tips!!!
Macy
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Please help..stabilization question

TheChicsporadic
Hi Macy,

Your work trip is not gonna be until 4 weeks right? So you still a few more weeks to be on the low cal. Go as farther as 30 days. Then be on the stabilization phase during your trip. Don't worry about your co-worker, actually it's best that she knew your on a no-starch no-sugar diet (which is your stab phase) so they wouldn't be as surprised when you lose a lot of weight. It's easier to be on P3 while on a trip just keep away from sugar and starch, than to be on P4 where you can already incorporate sugar and starch in the diet. This way, it's gonna be hard not to gain back those weight loss. Whichever you choose to do, always remember to enjoy every step of the way and always look at the goal to be inspired to keep it up
Reply | Threaded
|

Macy
Thank you Chicsporadic, You are right, my trip is not until Feb 16th.  We will be gone for 4 days and I am going with a few coworkers.  I just hate all the diet questions, especially the "how much have you lost" "what can you eat" and then I think they are probably thinking...here she goes again!! LOL  and I don't want them to always ask me "where I can eat" I am going to extend it a little past the 21  days.  I need to do another round also, and want to get started on that as soon as I can....I just am doing so good, I want it to continue.  I will still eat good on my trip.  I am not gaining this weight back....ever!!  It is too dang hard to get off.  I just really hope this works for me.  I have tried everything I can ever think of, so that is why I want to follow this right by the book.  I don't plan on bringing back starches and sugars.  I can eat this way, it doesn't bother me at all.  I really have never had fats and oils, but wayyyyy too many carbs.  I am really seeing that now, and I believe that was my problem!!  (Pastas and potatoes) I am hoping anyway!  Do you know if it is ok to still lose on P3?  I have heard yes and no......would love to if possible.  I do plan on exercising during P3.  I have some now, but seems to stall things for me.  I do feel inspired and looking at the big picture :0) Thanks again.....Macy

Reply | Threaded
|

TheChicsporadic
All I know is you are not supposed to lose more than 2 lbs on P3. If you do and that is because you are off the hcg but still on the low cal, the weight loss might be at the expense of the essential fats. That one is not good. Remember, hcg is making the stored or bad fat available for elimination which the low cal diet alone wouldn't be able to do. Anyway, you can always do more rounds if you like. Keep it up and keep us posted!
Reply | Threaded
|

Macy
Chicsporadic, yes,  I plan on doing another round.   It doesn't seem like there is much activity on this site.  I would love to find a site with some activity to bounce stuff off people if i wanted.  I did read a lot on this site though and got a lot of good information, so thankful I found it!  Are you on any rounds, or are you done?  Macy