Starting Phase 3...Some Questions!!!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Starting Phase 3...Some Questions!!!

crazymommy
Well I will be officially starting Phase 3 on Monday AM!!  I am very excited and truthfully a little scared to actually eat foods again!!!  I have a few questions....if you could help??

Milk/Cream....What can I use in my coffee?? Other than that I am not much of a milk drinker!!

Canned tomatoes....really craving my tomato sauce but they show 5 g sugar on the can???  Should I only use real tomatoes??

I am frantically looking at all of the labels on all the stuff in our house....WOW I am so enlightened now...I was so clueless before. I am sure that my eating habits will be forever changed!!! :)

Eggs....they have made me stall on Phase 2 ... are they ok??

Peanut butter....peanuts....can I have it??  PLEASE note that I am asking this while full well knowing that everything must be in moderation....just craving a few things and not wanting to mess up after i have come this far!

Is there a guide line as to the amount of grams of sugars....what is too much...seems like everything (balsalmic, cheese etc) has some amount....

Thanks so much for all of your advice!!!  

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Starting Phase 3...Some Questions!!!

teach8pipa
You want to avoid all sugars and starches. You can have cream in your coffee. There is so much info out there it is hard to filter through it all. From what I have gathered you want to look at Atkins Induction and stick close to that. Although I believe you can have the same fruits you had on the 500 calorie diet and Atkins allows none. No peanut butter- too much sugar but I'm not sure about nuts. It is hard to not go crazy. Something to be mindful of is that you want to stay within 2 pounds of what you weighed on the day of the last injection. I lost 2 lbs in the last 3 days of the 500 calories without the shots. I have gained back 1.5 since on Phase 3 but that still leaves me 2.5 before I have to be concerned. I hope it levels off as it makes me a bit afraid at each morning weigh in. Good luck!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
In reply to this post by crazymommy
Hey Crazymommy,

Teach8pipa is right, and she gives some good tips here. You just want to be careful especially during the 1st 3 weeks of maintenance. At this time your body is still getting use to functioning without the HCG.

For your coffee - You might try some skim milk. Some people even use unsweetened Almond Milk, Silk or soy milk. But if you don't need a lot throughout the day, keep using the same thing that you used during Phase 2.

Tomatoes - I would stick to fresh organic tomatoes, but even if you don't go organic you should still stick to fresh tomatoes.

Eggs - You can have eggs, but I would stick to the egg whites and maybe a yolk here and there for the first few weeks.

Peanuts or Peanut Butter - For the first 3 weeks you shouldn't eat peanuts or peanut butter. But you might want to try and find an all natural peanut butter when you do start to use it.

I don't know right off the top of my head what the maximum amount of sugars and starches are. But I do remember reading it somewhere. I will have to find it and let you know.

The biggest thing is to make sure that there are no added sugars or artificial sweeteners in the food you eat during Phase 3. It's funny how we don't pay attention to things like this, but once you do it is a big eye opener. You should still keep a food journal, this way if you start gaining suddenly, you can pin-point what is causing it.

And don't be worried, you will do fine. After all, you have us!

Good luck -

Brian M Connole
HCG Diet 411
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

teach8pipa
In reply to this post by crazymommy
Glad you mentioned the sweeteners Brian I wasn't sure about those. I have been having one packet in my morning coffee but I'll knock that off!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hey Teach8pipa,

You are allowed to have Stevia - I should have mentioned that above.

Thanks,

Brian

Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

crazymommy
Thank you BOTH for the awesome advice and information!!!  It definately helped me clear up a few of my concerns....tomorrow is my last shot day and I have opted to do an Apple Day today to see if I can get on last significant drop before moving on to Phase 3.  The support and guidance you all have provided has been a lifesaver.  I am looking forward to this next phase with alot of fear and also excitement.  I am sure this is something that everyone experiences so I will keep you posted.  I wish you all the best on your journey!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Sophie09
In reply to this post by Brian Connole
So that means NO Splenda....Period?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
No Splenda... Sorry

Find Out More...
Jim
Reply | Threaded
|

Jim
Does "no straches" mean "NONE" or just refined?

Ezekiel Bread?
Brown Rice?
Whole Wheat Pasta?

Thanks
Jim
Reply | Threaded
|

Titi Daly
In reply to this post by Brian Connole
Sorry! But,  Why not Splenda?