The HCG Stall: What You Can Do About It!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The HCG Stall: What You Can Do About It!

Brian Connole
Administrator
Out of all the things that a person could possibly experience on the HCG Diet, things like headaches, sleeplessness, hair loss or any other HCG side effect, an HCG Stall is by far the worst. Actually, even here in our HCG Forum I am always reading about how some poor HCG Dieter has hit a Plateau and that they haven't lost any weight in days.

In Dr. Simeons HCG Protocol, Pounds and Inches, he says that a stall can last anywhere from 4 to 6 days. What!?! 4 to 6 days is way too long to not be losing weight; especially when you are only on the HCG Diet Plan for 23 to 40 days.

But according to Dr Simeons hitting an HCG Plateau is bound to happen sooner or later. So if you are dealing with the dreaded HCG Stall right now, don't worry you are not alone. In fact, there are only a select few, who by the way are mostly men, that will have the luxury of not hitting a weight loss stall on the HCG Diet.

So, if you are like the rest of us and you do hit a plateau at one time or another during your weight loss journey, you can do something about it - The best thing to do is start out with an HCG Apple Day.

However, if you have found something else that works better than an Apple Day, stick with it. And if you do have a more effective Plateau Breaker, we would all love to hear about the method you are using to get your weight loss back on track.

I recently posted an article on the HCG 411 blog about the HCG Stall. Check it out!

Good luck on your HCG Diet Journey!
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The HCG Stall: What You Can Do About It!

obsessedwithblue
Hey Brian!

One of the most effective stall breakers I have found is to do a fat-free fage day. Typically I will lose anywhere from 2-3.5 pounds the next day and the amount of protein you get is amazing (92 g in total). I use a brand from Aldi, but basically it is fat free, two small containers or one large for the entire day. You come out slightly higher than your 500 calories (520) but this has never had a negative effect. I then add a handful of frozen blueberries and either stevia or sweet-n-low. With the blueberries calorie count is around 570. I not only do these as stall breakers but for variety I will add a fage day in my routine once or twice a week with great results.

An egg day also works, doing 9 or less eggs throughout the day, but then that raises the question of too much fat and the rebound effect perhaps later?

Another one I like is a mini-steak day. I get prime rib, cut off all the fat, and eat just a steak for dinner, keeping calories under 600-650. I lose 2-3 pounds with that one too and its a nice change :)

Tanya
Reply | Threaded
|

Brian Connole
Administrator
You've got some great tips there Tanya! I agree, an HCG Fage Day is a delicious and effective way to break up your Plateau. And yes, it can be great for a change too.

Thanks for your insight!

Take care,

Brian
HCG Diet 411
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

jbc1027
In reply to this post by Brian Connole

Breaking Plateaus on the HCG Diet

Breaking a plateau, not matter what diet you are on depends on the the state of the dieter. Here are the two most important variables that will affect the rate of fat loss for someone who is specifically on the HCG Diet:

• How much total weight does the dieter have to lose?
  • How long the dieter has been restricting calories?

How much total weight does the dieter have to lose?

What most HCG Dieters learn is that the body has a built in regulatory mechanism, with the Hypothalamus at the core. What this means, is that the Hypothalamus is actually supposed to regulate weight, and it does so by controlling hunger, temperature, metabolic rate, etc. Although the Pituitary is often called the "Master Gland"... Guess what controls the Pituitary? That's right, the Hypothalamus. What a lot of dieters DON'T know is that HCG has actually been proven to increase the efficiency of a hormone called Leptin. Leptin is created in fat cells, travels to the hypothalamus to report the amount of fat that is stored on the body.

If there is too much fat stored, the body recognized Leptin, and starts burning fat. If there isn't enough, it does the opposite and increases hunger. So what's the problem? The Hypothalamus actually becomes desensitized to Leptin. HCG actually restored Leptin sensitivity in the Hypothalamus, and kick-starts fat loss.

So why is this important to know? Because if a dieter only has a few pounds left to lose, regardless of how much HCG a person takes, and how well the Hypothalamus responds to Leptin, there isn't as much Leptin being produced. So... The body realizes that it needs to start hanging on to the last few pounds.

I have found that if a person has more than 20 lbs to lose, they tend not to have as many problems with plateaus and slowed weight loss. Those who have less than 20 lbs to lose, have to take breaks from the diet more often, and are generally more hungry, have less energy, etc.

If you are plateauing (not related to cheating), the best way to start losing again, is to have a cheat. One large meal once every week or two is enough for most dieters. Not only does this give the dieter something to look forward to, but it also speeds up the metabolism again. This is because Daily Calorie Intake also affects Leptin levels. A quick refeed (cheat) will rapidly increase fat loss hormones again, and give you another short bout of weight loss.

How long has the dieter been restricting calories

This directly correlates with the Leptin example above. Over time, Leptin levels decrease when calories have been restricted. In this case, just like above, the fix is still a cheat, refeed, or diet break. This is partly why Dr. Simeons designed the diet in short rounds. He realized that following a diet as restrictive as the HCG Diet, would only show results for so long. For individuals who have over 50 lbs to lose, we are often VERY successful keeping them on the diet for longer periods of time. 2-3 months at a time.

Jonathan Colson - HCG Diet Coach

If you purchase HCG at Advance HCG, I will be your coach.