The "fat loading phase"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The "fat loading phase"

JennylynRN
Hi all, I am on day one of phase one and this is my very first time to try the HCG diet. I am using sublingual drops that I purchased from the Sunflower shop. I attended their free seminar on the HCG diet that was presented by a licensed nutritionist from their facility. I am very pumped about the diet and can't wait to get started. However, I can't help but feel guilty about this "fat loading phase" This phase is unlike any diet I have ever done and it seems to go against everything we have ever learned about dieting in the past. I keep wondering, how important is the fat loading phase anyway? What is the purpose of it? Is it to over-indulge on the things you won't be allowed to eat for the next 19 days? Or to store up some extra fat and calories to get you through the first couple of days until your body is used to 500 calories/day? How detrimental would it be if I skip one of the "fat loading" days?

I just had my first child and I gained 60lbs during the pregnancy. My daughter is 15months old now so I am far over due to get started on a diet plan. I chose HCG because, I like many others, I enjoy the instant gratification off losing 1-2/day :) I am a registered nurse and lugging around this extra weight at work during 12 hour shifts has been tuff. So I am ready to get rid of it... I currently weigh 277 lbs. I plan to lose 127 lbs, which I figure will take me 4 rounds of the HCG diet. Wish me luck! I will keep everyone updated on my progress.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The "fat loading phase"

Suzy @ The HCG Diet 411 Blog
Hey JennylynRN,

Welcome to the HCG Diet 411 Forum... Don't worry most people have the same concerns as you do. But the Gorge Days/Load Days are very important. You are pretty much right about your body storing up fat. You have these fat reserves all over your body and the Gorge days are to fill up those reserves; the more full they are the better you should do on the diet. So you definitely don't want to skip them. Just try to eat very fattening foods that are high in calories.

I wish you luck and I hope to see you back here often.

Take care,

Suzy @ the HCG Diet Forum