5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

one meal a day?

danielfromuk
Hi,

I'm 5 days into phase 2.

I have been eating one meal per day as a dinner and fasting for the rest of the day. I double up the portion for dinner. Is this allowed?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: one meal a day?

DaveSherwin
No! Your body isn't designed to work that way, it needs nutrition and energy through out the day, so your eating should reflect that. It can actually slow your weight loss result, as you are sending a signal to your body that it isn't going to get food very often, so it will retain everything it can (starvation mode) the exact opposite is what's recommended, frequent, smaller meals.
Nationally ranked triathlete, fitness "mad scientist," founder of HCG-EZ Drops
Reply | Threaded
|

danielfromuk
Thank you for your response,

I understand what you are saying but surely my body was going to go into starvation mode it would happen because of the 500 calorie a day diet I am on. If the Hcg is stopping me from going into starvation mode by using natural fat reserves then it shouldn't matter when I eat in a given day. I believe it's approximately 72hrs of fasting before Starvation mode is triggered and many top dieticians are advocating intermittent fasting.

I'm assuming all of what I have written is wrong but an expert on here may be able to correct me

Dan
Reply | Threaded
|

DaveSherwin
Well, maybe "starvation mode" is too extreme a word, but I understand on a daily basis that eating smaller, more regular meals is better for metabolism, energy, blood sugar, etc. So I would at least give the smaller meals more often approach a shot.
Nationally ranked triathlete, fitness "mad scientist," founder of HCG-EZ Drops
Reply | Threaded
|

danielfromuk
I did,

I did one week one meal a day -    lost 7 pounds
         one week two meals a day - Lost 5 pounds

Although I lost more week 1 I found following the correct formula much easier.

Thanks for your info as it did make me change strategy,. This has made my HCG experience a whole lot easier

Dan