personal and gross but not sure what to do: i'm clogged.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

personal and gross but not sure what to do: i'm clogged.

erinrandles
since i began this diet at the end of july, i think i have only had five or six bowel movements.  i have only gone because of laxatives or smooth move tea. a lot of times, i am combining those.  i take magnesium, psyllium and drink at least a gallon of water a day.  i know that the prolonged use of lax's are BAD BAD BAD.  i do not want to become dependant. i want my colon health restored. what can i do?  i know the whole reason why i had to do a steak day today... it's because i have so much bm backed up...
i actually was looking in the mirror wondering why i am so skinny but look like i am 20 weeks pregnant. (no... there is no way that i am!)
i am not in pain nor am i nauseated. i have bowel sounds... i am passing gas... just not moving anything!!
someone help me please!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: personal and gross but not sure what to do: i'm clogged.

From14to4
It's definitely NOT a fun topic but it seems to be an unavoidable discussion.     I'm in the same boat as you are with the constipation.    I use the smooth move tea, drink plenty of water and also take the magnesium ( you should take the mag that has calcium and zinc), potassium and a probiotic.

I've added grapefruit into my fruit regime and it seems to help as well.   Lastly I would pass on the laxatives as they are far too harsh and move more to a stool softener.    It's far better for you than the laxatives.    Have you tried the benefiber that can be added to your drinks in the little packets?   They have a couple of flavors that are also good to helping out...

Despite my constipation I am not bloated, the laxatives might be doing that to you as well.     Hope things get better for you!    If you find something that works better for you, please let us know.   (too bad prunes aren't on phase 2)
HCG Happy in Texas!   YEEHAW!
Reply | Threaded
|

erinrandles
I am actually p3 but ate five prunes yesterday with no result.   I took swiss kriss and prunelax with no result. I refuse to use them any longer because i dont want nerve dammage...
What crappy (pun halfway intended) side effect of this diet! Maybe i will make cabbage soup tomorrow. I will keep you updated lol
Reply | Threaded
|

From14to4
Ha Ha!   I eat cabbage virtually everyday!     Sadly... I still require the smooth move tea.   I drink it anywhere from daily to every other day and often I don't have a movement.    Bowels are in slo-mo mode!
HCG Happy in Texas!   YEEHAW!