classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
17 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

"Fake" vs "Real" drops

Zora
First let me introduce myself.  I'm Zora and just started the HCG diet. I'm on p2, d7.  I lost just over 10 pounds the first week which I'm happy with but at the same time was hoping for more.  That combined with how hungry I am and how the small meals aren't satisfying, makes me wonder if I'm taking "fake" drops.  How can you tell?  I read an article about Homeopathic vs. Regular HCG and it said there was no real difference and that both products produced the same result in the end.  The drops I'm taking (6 drops 6x per day) are Homeopathic and do contain alcohol.  

Also I bought these drops to use for 30 days, and will continue using them until they're gone. I wondered if my hunger can be handled with any kind of appetite suppressant and if so, what is recommended.  I can't imagine trying to do this an entire month with how hungry I am, much less doing the next round that's needed!  Any ideas?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: "Fake" vs "Real" drops

JennyLynRN
Hi Zora,
I too am doing the homeopathic drops, I am on phase II day 7 as well. :) I have been using a product called "weight off plus" hcg sublingual drops from The Sunflower Shop. So far I have lost 10 lbs, but my hunger has not been all that bad. My bottle reads to use 10-15 drops 3-4x daily. On top of this I have been using a product from King Bio called "Appetite and Weight Control with HCG" that I also obtained from the same store. I use that product 3 sprays in the mouth 2-6x daily as needed. Plus when I get to the point that my stomach feels empty and starts growling, I drink a bunch of water, that helps control hunger and it actually helps you loose weight faster because it flushes out the waist products from fat metabolism. Hope this helps. :)

Jenny
Reply | Threaded
|  

thecrenshaws
In reply to this post by Zora
In my opinion the passage below sums it up fairly well

"Based on the principal of homeopathy, a homeopathic hCG compound effectively has NO hCG in the final mixture.  If you were to do a home-pregnancy test on Homeopathic hCG by putting the Homeopathic hCG directly on the pregnancy test strip, it will not test positive because there is no hCG in your bottle of Homeopathic hCG (it should test positive on real hCG, because a pregnancy test detects hCG in the urine.  Incidentally, if you are taking hCG and do this test on your supply, and it comes up negative, your hCG may be artificial, tainted, or past expiration)"

This has been pretty much what all of my research has said. Hope it help!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Zora
Jenny, thanks for the tips.  I"m still having issues with hunger and it's really starting to make me wonder what's going on. The last two days I've only lost .4 and .2 pounds, respectively.  That's not at all what I expected, nor what I'd like to see going on.  I've been doing everything right from what I can tell.  I don't eat the same protein both servings each day, I mix it up.  I also mix up the fruit so I'm not eating 2 apples, etc. very often at all.  I'm eating one fruit in the morning when I wake up and one in the evening after dinner when I get hungry.  I'm drinking tons of water, but just read that one thing to do to help get over a plateau is drink 1 1/2 gallons a day... will try that tomorrow.  And, I haven't cheated at all!!! I'm only using Corn Huskers Lotion on my skin, which is HCG approved.  After losing so much the first week, going into the second week losing .6 pounds in 2 days is extremely frustrating.  I just started taking an herbal appetite suppressant today, which seems to help a little, and I stopped by the herb store and found another product that should help with appetite and metabolism.  How soon into the program should I do the Apple day?  What could I be doing wrong?

Regarding real vs fake drops, while I don't disagree that some products are higher in hcg, thus you can test them on a pregnancy test, what I'm asking is whether those products are more effective.  More isn't always better and after reading this article: http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Homeopathic-HCG-Work?&id=2093206, I'm thinking that either one would work.  I understand there's a point when more hcg doesn't make any difference, else why not double your drops for double the weight loss?  Ya know?

I was hoping to get some feedback from members on these forums about their experience with hcg, fake or real, and the results.  Anyone?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hi Zora,

My mother in law also had trouble losing weight with the drops. And like you she was hungry all of the time. I think that some people do better than others with the drops - Have you thought about using the injections before?

I hope you have more luck in the days to come...

Take care,

Brian M. Connole
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• Exclusive Deal! $100.00 Discount Through HCG 411
  • No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|  

Moira
I have the "Fake" Drops... and they work just fine... the first time I started HCG I did awesome like you for the first week... then the drops didn't seem to work... I wasn't keeping them refrigerated!!! AT ALL !! I have ordered my second bottle of the "Fake Drops" and am on day 3 and am losing like I did the first time (no loading days the second time... I loaded plenty in between... lol) There is a group of us taking the drops... everyone else was smart enough to keep their drops refrigerated... most of them cheat on the diet... but one lady is cheating but much less than the rest and she is averaging a pound a day at day 20! That is 20 pounds in 20 days... pretty dang good I should say!! She is using the same drops exactly as me "fake" -- Hope this helps! Are you refrigerating your drops?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Moira
oh, yea... you can do the apple day anytime you need to (whenever you plateau) ... another one you can do is the Steak day... that is where you eat nothing at all all day... then for dinner you have a steak (7oz) and an apple... that is it... my friend did that and it worked awesome for her... she is the one that lost 20 lbs in 20 days!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Zora
In reply to this post by Moira
Hi and thanks for the feedback. No I'm not refrigerating the drops as the instructions said not to unless they were sitting for a long period of time.  I bought 3 oz of drops, a 2oz and 1oz bottle.  I kept the 1oz bottle in the fridge, so perhaps I'll start doing those and see if that helps.  

I'm not cheating on the diet, except one day I had a piece of salmon about the size of a finger nail.  Didn't think that would make much difference and figured I would have gotten thru that if it did.  I've lost 7.8 pounds (since before the fat load) in 12 days, or 11.6 if you count from the highest weight I was right after the fat load.  The last 5 days, I've only lost a total of 2.4, so something's up!  Today is my apple day and I hope this pushes through this plateau.  I'll also start using the refrigerated drops immediately, and keep them in the fridge!  Thanks for the tips, I'll keep you posted.

BTW, I can't imagine doing the injections, so that's totally out of the question.  I'll have to find a way to make the drops work, or just give up on this diet totally.  

Also, I contacted the company I bought the drops from and haven't received any reply in 2 days. I'm going to leave another message for them today and hopefully they'll help.  I do know, next time if I buy more drops, I'm going with a company that provides more support... any suggestions?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Staceyk
Whatever happened Zora? I am on day 4 of my VLCD using homeopathic drops. I'm curious.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Zora
Hi. I completed my round of homeopathic drops a few days ago.  I found that I needed more than 6 drops per day to deal with my hunger pains, so I didn't complete a 45 day cycle, it was about a week short.  Overall, in 35 days, I lost a total of 26 pounds and over 19 inches thru my waist, hips, chest, arms and thighs.  I'm happy with my results and met my goal, however I still struggled with hunger the whole time.  

I'm going to try another brand of drops, just not sure which one. I'm looking for one that provides better support via forums or facebook or something.  Also, I don't think there's a difference between "real" and "fake" drops.  Obviously I was still successful enough with the "fake" ones but I need to lose another 40 pounds, so I need drops where I won't be hungry all the time.

Good luck with your drops, I'm sure you'll do very well!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Zora
Oops, I meant 6 drops, 6 times per day... not 6 drops per day!  I ended up taking 8 drops, 6 times a day to manage my hunger...  
Reply | Threaded
|  

Brian Connole
Administrator
Congratulations Zora,

That's great that you met your goal, I would recommend getting the drops that you mix yourself. That way you know it's the same HCG that you would get for injections. I have heard that those are much more effective. My wife and I have always been satisfied with Pharmacy Escrow, so that is who I always recommend getting the HCG From. But I think that you would have a better experience if you went that route.

Good luck and I hope to see you back here again. Take care,

Brian | HCG Diet 411 Blog
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• Exclusive Deal! $100.00 Discount Through HCG 411
  • No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|  

Chantal
HELLO ZORA !! IT IS AMAZING THE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT YOU LOST !! WOW WOW !! CONGRATS !!
TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN DAY OF MY SECOND WEEK AND LET'S JUST SAY, IT AIN'T LOOKIN SO GOOD YA KNOW ?? :l
OF COURSE I HAD TOM GET IN THE WAY AND BY READING ALL OF WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, APPARENTLY I NEEDA START DROPPIN MORE DROPS UNDER TONGUE ? LOL !! THE FIRST WEEK WAS AWESOME WITH 9 POUNDS LOST,  BUT THIS WEEK IS NOT ?? MAY ONLY HAVE 2 POUNDS GONE ?? I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOU KEPT A RECORD OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS AND HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE IN EVERY WEEK ?? I HOPE IT GETS BETTER THIS COMING WEEK FOR ME AND CONGRATS AGAIN !!
Reply | Threaded
|  

hopeful
OMG,  thank you for sharing!  I am on day 1 phase 2 and I am starving to death.  I am so hungry my stomach has been growling all day and I feel sick to my stomach.  I will try adding more drops per day and see if that helps.  Let's hope I see the weight loss results.
Reply | Threaded
|  

hcg dieter11
Hi Zora,

I also had problems with hunger when I was doing the 6 drops per day with regular HCG. I started taking the drop 3 times a day with 12 drops.. and it seemed to help a little. I'm curious if you have been taking B vitamins? They also help me with suppressing hunger. I started drinking half a bottle of 5 hour energy around lunch time, and then the rest around 5:30. It has your B vitamins.. and also gives you a little boost.

My second go around I used a product called "3x HCG Plus". It has some extra additives to it to help with hunger. And I could definetly tell a difference. I was actually turned off by the sight of food on my second go around. I got them from 3xhcg.com in case you're interested.

I would shop around a little bit and compare prices. Those worked for me though :)
Reply | Threaded
|  

KatABDB
I am new, so I know nothing, :) but I know that the naturopath who gave me the homeopathic drops said 1) you can't have anything to drink 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after you take the drops and 2) you should hold the drops under your tongue for 2 minutes. This is supposedly the best way to maximize absorption. She has people taking 15 drops 3x a day. It's a hassle not to eat or drink within a half hour, but she swears it makes a huge difference.

Just passing on second-hand information. I am still figuring this all out for myself!
blogging about the HCG diet at http://katbloggue.blogspot.com/
Reply | Threaded
|  

ddinmidwest
In reply to this post by Brian Connole
Hi Brian

I have a question for you. I am in the learning phase of understanding HCG. I have been on phentermine since August 2015 & down to 191 from 214. But I have seemingly plateaued with little or no loss in last 6 weeks. Needing to lose another 20 pounds I jumped out & purchased some "REAL HCG Plus non-homeopathic" drops out of North Carolina online before reading much about the potential bogus products out there. I received the order & immediately tested the product directly with a pregnancy strip.  The result was negative. The material I'm seeing here is from 2010 & 2011 & perhaps things have changed. It just seems reasonable to me that if HCG is the active chemical for this diet and that a pregnancy strip is actually a test for the presence of HCG..... then it seems to me there could be no other possible result than positive if the product had some degree of HCG. The response from the supplier which is mostly over my head is as follows:

"It's important that customers contact us before going out and purchasing a random test and trying it on HCG Plus (or any premixed liquid HCG in fact). HCG plus is real and will test positive (generally speaking), on qualitative tests. However there are several substantial problems testing with EPT/one-steps and it's very likely you have received a false negative.

HCG qualitative tests are just that, they test for the presence of HCG in low impurity solutions (urine is what they are designed for of course).  However, all mixed HCG solutions like ours, at least if they stay potent for more than a few weeks, have many other ingredients as well as the HCG powders.

Picking out any strip from the store is going to give mixed results, and we cannot guarantee accuracy as there are a host of other ingredients in our product (the full list is on the FAQ page of our site).

Even if mixed with just saline + HCG powder, the beta chain of the molecule may not be fully suspended for proper adhesion to the surface of the test site. See below for such issues:

http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f5/how-see-if-your-hcg-real-15028/

We recommend therefore that if people choose to test their orders (this is done on site with quantitative HCG tests, which are much more accurate, by the batch), they request a strip from us that generally we've had good success with.

Please let us know if you have any further questions, you are always welcome to return your order, we have a completely open return policy for 30 days (for any reason) and this has always been the case,"

Anyway Brian, can you recommend or offer an opinion whether to move forward or send this product back.