sore throat voice loss

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

sore throat voice loss

karen
Hello everyone I am glad to be here with all of you.

I am very happy with the diet so far however I've only been on it for a week. After day three I developed a sore throat( now please note I do not have allergies nor do I have a cold). On day 4 voice loss. So I gargled with salt water the pain went away however my voice is horse and I cant sing or shout without loosing it. I frequently cough to clear my throat to no avail.

Is this a side affect of the HCG? Suggestions please.

Thank you Karen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: sore throat voice loss

TheChicsporadic
I haven't heard nor read that kind of side effect as yours. Why not check with your family doctor I am sure he's got the answers. But I trust it wasn't a result from taking HCG.
Reply | Threaded
|

phxgrl
I have a sore throat too.  I KNOW it is from the HCG because when I take it, I get a sore throat, when I stop it goes away.  Repeat, repeat...  I want to know why I am getting a sore throat and what to do about fixing it.
Reply | Threaded
|

karen
My Doctor guessed that  the HCG does something to stimulate the thyroid causing swelling of the thyroid and pressure against vocal cords. I already have issues with my thyroid prior to taking the HCG.  This made sense to me because when I stopped taking it I could sing and shout. I also slept less and ate more without HCG and the thyroid helps regulate sleep and hunger patterns.

Karen
Reply | Threaded
|

Willowdog
In reply to this post by karen
I also have a sore throat and almost no ability to talk.  I am scheduled for a CAT scan on my throat.  My throat is not sore as in strep throat, it is almost like it is scratchy and I can't clear my throat.  Didn't connect HCG to this and my doctor knows I am doing the sublingual drops.  Has any one heard any more on this?
Reply | Threaded
|

ReleanaHCG
In reply to this post by karen
I started my HCG diet in oct 2010. I was on the diet for 4 mo. I went to millennium medical spa who carried the only patented from of hcg. Thought it would be safer to take.. WRONG! Sore throat, and lost my voice. I had to go to speech therapy and had my throat scoped at least 4 times by an ENT one of my vocal cords is now working very inefficiently. It has been over a year and still have vocal problems...so far nothing has help to recover my regular voice back to normal.. Continued hoarseness so bad people conrinuously have a hard time understanding my speech in person and on the phone ... Yes I lost aprox 50lbs but I would rather have my normal voice back...I don't think I ever will.
Reply | Threaded
|

Willowdog
Releana, Did they say what the problem was?  I too am having trouble with this and am not sure why it is occurring.  Again, did you ever find out if it was because of the hcg?  IE: thyroid, etc, etc.  Let me know your thoughts on this.

Willow

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM, ReleanaHCG [via HCG Diet 411 Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I started my HCG diet in oct 2010. I was on the diet for 4 mo. I went to millennium medical spa who carried the only patented from of hcg. Thought it would be safer to take.. WRONG! Sore throat, and lost my voice. I had to go to speech therapy and had my throat scoped at least 4 times by an ENT one of my vocal cords is now working very inefficiently. It has been over a year and still have vocal problems...so far nothing has help to recover my regular voice back to normal.. Continued hoarseness so bad people conrinuously have a hard time understanding my speech in person and on the phone ... Yes I lost aprox 50lbs but I would rather have my normal voice back...I don't think I ever will.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.hcg411.info/sore-throat-voice-loss-tp2941212p3668490.html
To unsubscribe from sore throat voice loss, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

ReleanaHCG
Hi willow,
I am so glad we are in touch! I had the exact same
Loss of air and am unable to finish a sentence at times..I was told it may be due possibly to the inability for the vocal cord to hold the air because of its weakness..I saw a video of my vocal cords and I saw both vocal cords working but did not close all the way like they should plus occasionally my rt side cord does not move..my ENT went so far as to test me for a rate auto immune disease which was negative. He said he can understand why that is happening. I have lupus ( in remission ) and like you I at first would blame it on that...but this started the month I started taking HCG and with further research I am finding others are having the same problem. When I told the millinium medical spa they said I'm dehydrated drink  more water..they should know what symptoms to look for.  If they had known we could have stopped this as it started happening. I looked on another medical sight and found that swollen vocal cords is a sever side Effect of HCG..at this time I am doing nothing about it just gathering info for myself..I have not even been in contact with the distributer because I don't feel I have enough information to show them yet. Plus as you said when I get tired or over due and get run down it gets worse for sure. The cold air or air conditioned rooms also make it worse I don't know why but it does...anyway that's a lil more info for you. Plz contact me if u would like to @ [hidden email] 

~ Michele Ramirez~

On Jan 18, 2012, at 9:16 AM, "Willowdog [via HCG Diet 411 Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Releana, Did they say what the problem was?  I too am having trouble with this and am not sure why it is occurring.  Again, did you ever find out if it was because of the hcg?  IE: thyroid, etc, etc.  Let me know your thoughts on this.

Willow

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:12 AM, ReleanaHCG [via HCG Diet 411 Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://forum.hcg411.info/sore-throat-voice-loss-tp2941212p3668490.html
NAML

http://forum.hcg411.info/sore-throat-voice-loss-tp2941212p3669856.html
NAML