vitamins and supplements...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

vitamins and supplements...

abbycdiddy
Hi there!  I was wondering if there are restrictions on vitamins and supplements i can take... I see many people talking about taking magnesium.  But what about milk thistle, kelp, activated charcoal, pau d'arco, and another one i cant think of right now... should i avoid if they list vegetable glycerin in the label..?  Also, what about those emergen-C packets?  thanks!!
oh and i was going to start today but i dont know if i should still because its 843am and i havent taken the drops yet... but i had some m&ms when i woke up... THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL INFO :D
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: vitamins and supplements...

Lily
Hi,

As long as the vitamins do not contain fats (like the fish oils, omega's, etc), and as long as they come in tablet or gelcap (not softgel) then it shouldn't be a problem?

I take various vitamins (not a multivitamin as those contain oils) and have not had a problem so far (i'm on VLCD 29). Down 15.8 lbs (which is about a 0.54 loss per day; which is average for women)
The only softgel that I take is Vitamin K2 (MK-7), which is to help the calcium absorb in to the body.

Regarding the emergen-C packets, I don't know about them so can't offer any help there.

Also, I take the injection form (which is not affected by eating times, really). My friends have done the drops and they say to take them in the morning on an empty stomach, wait (at least) 30 minutes before eating. Or, (at least) 2 hours after eating.

I'm sure there are HCG Drops "seasoned vets" out there that can offer you more assistance on this.

Hope that helps