weight gain

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

weight gain

bgiveans
Hi, I started the diet 8 days ago, and I was losing pretty well until about 3 days ago. Alot of constipation so the dr. I am under said to take magnesium citrate After taking 6, still a problem.  Taking fiber too. Now, I am wondering if this is maybe stalling my weight in some way. Staying very good on the 500 calories. Even drinking the smooth move is really not working.... I feel like I am retaining some fluid too, and I am drinking 3 liters of water.Have a slight headache. Walking 30 minutes a day also. Any suggestions out there? This is my first post, and I appreciate the support! Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: weight gain

Brian Connole
Administrator
Hi bgiveans,

Welcome to our Forum - Are you not losing any weight at all - or just not as much as the first week? Because, people always seem to lose more during the first week than any other.

I don't know what would be causing your stall - You should try keeping a journal - That way if this happens again, you'll know if it was something that you did that caused it. You might want to try a Plateau Breaker too. There are a few of them here on my blog. Just hover over the Plateau Breakers link, at the top of the page, then click on one of them.

You can take Asprin for your headaches.

I hope this starts going a little smoother for you - Good luck,

Brian M. Connole
Buy Real HCG Drops, Pills or Injections:

• No Homeopathic HCG - Real Pharmaceutical HCG Only
  • Licensed Medical Professionals at Your Disposal
Find Out More...
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Thanks for the info! Yes, I have lost 6.5 pounds, but it has been in 9 days.I'm on the injections. Started 9 days ago. Started at 132.2 then dropped fairly fast to 127, then it took me 3 days to get to 125.2, yesterday, and then I was 125.6 today. I am journaling, as I am eating my meals from a place called the Dinner Dude that makes premade HCG meals in this area(Houston). They are really good, and the counting is done already for me, so I eat one of the meals for lunch and one for dinner along with 1 fruit(yesterday I had 1/2 grapefruit) and 1 small apple after dinner. Only one melba toast yesterday along with the 3 liters of water.That is basically what I have been doing for the 9 days. I know I have lost inches, though!  Clothes are fitting better. My goal is around 112. I was hoping to get down to at least 118 before I have to take a trip on Oct 8th. Then I have to resume the diet when I get back on Oct 12th. Maybe I should try the apple day and I think I will hold off on the fiber and magnesium as I think I have noticed I seem to retain more fluid when I take those supplements. Thanks, again! I will keep you posted on my progress. I have weekly weigh in's with the my dr. who has me on the program, and I will be anxious to see what she says might be going on!
Reply | Threaded
|

mcbrown
I went through a platuea and some constipation about the same time.  I used the smooth move tea and it had some effect.  I started taking potassium and magnesium together and that did the trick.  I did have to increase the Mg to three capsules on day two of taking it to get things moving.  I was able to break the platue after about 4 days.  Keep up with the water and good luck.
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Thanks, mcbrown, Can I ask?Did you actually gain weight first before you started losing again? When I woke up this morning and weighed, the scale said .5 gained:( I think what is so discouraging is that I can deal with a plateau, but a gain??? I really am not understanding what is going on. I have a call in to my Dr., and I will probably should up the magnesium with the potassium!Thanks so much for  the info and encouragement!
Reply | Threaded
|

trishalove
In reply to this post by bgiveans
Well that is great progress.  I've only lost 3 lbs in 9 days.   Also, you do not have a lot to lose I suspect.  You were only 132 so you are not all that obese.  I believe that when you have less to lose you do not lose as fast.  I was 124 and I am only 121 after 8-9 days.  I am only 5' tall so I am chubby at this weight and would like to get down to my skinny size at 110 before I had the baby.  I am not convinced that 23 days on this diet will get me there.  I may decide to go a little longer.  

Hope you start losing soon!
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Hi trishalove, Looks like we can really relate! I was down .4 pounds as of yesterday after taking 4 magnesium and staying with the water and my dr. told me not to walk for a few days and see what happens. I have to go to her office tomorrow for a weekly weigh in so  I am sure we will talk some more about it.I was hoping to get down more in the 23 days too, but does not look like it will happen:) but I do have injections for 40 days, so after a trip I have to take at the end of next week, I will resume the hcg and try to lose the rest.  I have been told that it is harder to lose the weight when you are closer to your goal weight, so  yes, I think maybe for people like us it is better to go more than the 23 days.Keep me posted on your success! I bet you are losing inches!! Keep up the good work!
Reply | Threaded
|

trishalove
Well I have some magnesium, think I'll try that too.  Thanks.  I am doing this on my own without medical supervision so any tips from your Dr is very appreciated!  I havent been exercising because I am afraid it will just make me hungry.  My door dog is missing his walks.
Reply | Threaded
|

bgiveans
Hi Trishalove, It is magnesium citrate, and I used it because of the constipation. I think others have done well with the smooth move tea which may be better actually if it works for you. Just my opinion! Be careful with the magnesium citrate if you take it, because it will kick in sooner or later and you need to be close to a bathroom! LOL Good luck!! Let me know what happens!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ryan W
In reply to this post by bgiveans
It`s really good result and I think this is amazing I never lose that lb for that little time, only when I use hcg pellets few years ago...